Friday, August 25, 2017

FOREST FOR THE TREES - FANCY FRIDAY

I like a big font and I cannot lie!  But sometimes it is really hard to know just what to do with one.  Let's face it, you can sneak a small font in anywhere on your project, but a big one?  They are a little more challenging!  The Fancy Friday blog hop is all about Big Fonts this month, with a technique or two thrown in for good measure, so be prepared for some super ideas from this talented crew of past and present Artisans!


I was so excited to get my Holiday Catalogue pre-order that I just HAD to use a stamp set from there!  This delightful set is called Watercolor Christmas and is actually designed to go with one of TWO new Christmas Kits.  I love the fonts and the tree images.  This card jumped into my head and BOOM!, it was done!  (I love it when a plan comes together like that!)


There was a lot of Stamp-a-ma-jigging to get the trees lined up, but so worth the effort.  I also used an ombre type heat emboss technique to get my two-toned sentiment.  I first stamped in Crumb Cake ink then roughly sprinkled half with Gold Emboss Powder before heat setting.  Hard to photograph.


True to the stamp sets name, I also did a little rough watercolour on the trees, creating an imperfect, outside the lines, ombre on each.

Now over to my very good and uber talented friend (also a Kiwi like me lol), Susan Wong!  I just got to spend an entire weekend at a Stamp Camp with this amazing chick.  I haven't laughed so hard in ages and was delighted to take a class with her!  Lucky me!
Paula Dobson - You are here!

All product used in this project are listed below.  Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator! When you shop Online with me, please the current host code (in my side bar) and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can invite you to my exclusive VIP Facebook Group and thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

6 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love your ombre' touches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You NAILED IT! I love this card so much... time to Pin it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula, this card is super duper adorable. I love that each tree has that watercolored ombre look. I am also jealous that you and Susan Wong got to stamp together. I would love to be able to do that with both of you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card Paula! And now I must add 'Watercolor Christmas' to my list. D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card, and I love the stamp set. That's one I overlooked. The ombre coloring is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this, Paula - the partially embossed sentiment looks fab & the pattern of trees is so whimsical & fun. Thanks for sharing it.
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥