Friday, August 18, 2017

A LITTLE SOMETHING SWEET - STAMPIN' UP! ARTISAN BLOG HOP

Welcome to the Stampin' Up! Artisan blog hop.  You may have just arrived from Miriam van Eyden's  blog.  I just love everything Miriam makes!  If you are just starting here, hit the "Next" button at the end of this post to continue on the hop.  You won't want to miss a thing as the Artisan Design Team feature this year's Ronald McDonald House Charities stamp set, Sharing Sweet Thoughts, which you can find on page 233 of the annual catalogue.


So what makes this stamp set so special?  For every Sharing Sweet Thoughts stamp set sold, Stampin' Up! donate $3.50 to your local Ronald McDonald House Charity.  Your donation helps to keep families together when children are sick and undergoing treatment away from home, in your own country!


This set is a mixture of sweet sentiments and images and also coordinates with many other products in our awesome range, which gets a big tick in my book.  My first project features just the stamp set and a piece of ribbon.  A single layer card which has been given depth by colouring with the Watercolor Pencils and a blender pen.  It also features A LOT of Stamp-a-ma-jigging!!  Not for the faint hearted, lol.  Once all the stamping was done, the colouring in was really relaxing and one of my favourite things to do.  I was tempted to add a few enamel dots, and you could, but in the end I just left it as it was.


My second card was a little bit more technical, features a mix of stamp sets and dies, has lots of layers, and is a fun interaction shaker card!  I stamped the "Full of Love for You" sentiment and jar image on a window sheet and adhered it behind my card front after first die cutting a jar with the Everyday Jar Framelits. One of the framelits is the perfect size for the Sharing Sweet Thoughts jar image!


I stamped both my base card and card front with the sweet little hearts like they were bubbles, before filling with Iridescent and Metallic Assortment Sequins and putting the rest of the card together.  The strip of DSP down the side is from the Coffee Break DSP and was also the colour inspiration for the rest of the elements on this fun card.


Paula Dobson - You are here!

All product used in this project are listed below.  Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator! When you shop Online with me, please the current host code (in my side bar) and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can invite you to my exclusive VIP Facebook Group and thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

8 comments:

  1. It is really incredible that with a Stemepset so many great things are made!
    Even by you Paula! Sooo stunning ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards Paula. Looks like we had a similar colouring idea. Love your gorgeously coloured strawberries and filling inbetween then with Pool Party! Super fun shaker card too. Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow die Karte mit den Erdbeeren sieht sehr gut aus! Da hat man sofort Appetit auf leckere, saftige Erdbeeren! Liebe Grüße Maike (heute mal auf Deutsch 😁)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! That strawberry card is gorgeous! I love your take on the shaker card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love both cards Paula. I think my favourite is the single layer card. Great job with the Stamp-a-ma-jig...........hard to live without one of those. This is such a great card inside and out with the perfect mixture of strawberries and you're right I think it looks awesome with just the ribbon. Your shaker jar is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Simply amazing! Absolutely love your strawberry card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just come back to admire this card AGAIN given that I've now seen your love of stamp-a-ma-jigging in person. Love those tasty-looking berries!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I really do LOVE my Stamp-a-ma-jig!! Glad you liked it so much xox

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥