Monday, February 13, 2017

THE FIRST MOMENT I SAW YOU GDP#074

Welcome back to the Global Design Project challenge.  This week we have a corker sketch challenge for you.  I must admit that I am not showing you my first attempt.  Soooooo not happy with it and it looked nothing like the card I ended up with here.


My second attempt came after giving a lot of thought about how I could make that banner work.  You see, I take everything quite literally!  While the sketch is supposed to be a guideline, I just can't be that loose thinking, lol, and will try to incorporate every element I see.


In the end, I did actually loosen up slightly by not including a circle or a heart.  However, the heart did dictate what I did, as this is the card I will give my sweetie for Valentine's day! The Nailed It stamp set was perfect for my guy, who is very handy, and I just love the little Urban Underground embellishments for a little manly bling!


And just look at the depth and texture of the hexagonal embossed background. It adds so much interested to an otherwise plain base card with just a few cranks of the Big Shot handle.  Love, love it!

We would love to have you join us for this weeks challenge at Global Design Project. Head over there now to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you!

All product used in this project are listed below.  Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use the latest host code (in my sidebar) and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

5 comments:

  1. I love your card Paula, like how you made it with this amazing set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Paula, this card is SAWesome! Hehehe :) the little extra details have added so much more to this and makes you look two even three times. I love the pun and your card xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fab card - the pop of red is really great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Paula, I just love the mix of crisp red and grey over the white background. And the colouring on the saw!!! Wow! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥