Wednesday, February 22, 2017

A RIGHT ROYAL COLOUR CHALLENGE CI#04

Welcome to a new Colour Inkspiration Blog Hop.  You have probably just come from the delightful Rose Packer.  Isn't her work amazing?!  Colour Inkspiration is a fun colour challenge that runs for two weeks and you can enter the fun yourself on Facebook!  Just look at the colours we need to use this time!


As soon as I saw them, I immediately thought how regal they were.  The In this World stamp set has a very royal looking chair that I wanted to use, but I didn't want the card to be "stuffy" looking.  I first heat embossed some white ink splatters and a partial grid on watercolor paper.


Then I broke out my Aqua Painter and got to work adding water to my paper before dropping ink on top and watching the magic happen.  I didn't fuss with the colour but just let it run wherever it wanted to go.


Once dry, I added some ribbon, lace and DSP over the top of a ripped doily I colored with my Sponge Brayer.  My very regal chair was added with Dimensionals and the whole card finished with some Basic Pearls.  I really love how my vision translated to the card and have a special friend in mind to receive this.

Next up is my very good friend and amazing 3D designer, Tanya Bell who has a real "wow" project for you!


Be sure to continue along the hop as the design team have some real treats in store for you with this colour challenge.

All product used in this project are listed below.  Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please the current host code (in my side bar) and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

20 comments:

  1. Oh Paula, this is so beautiful. The background you've created is just fab and really sets off all the little details you have added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh-Em-Gee!!! Total gorgeousness on this card Paula. That background is superb! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just such a massive WOW! I think its stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you know Paula this card is one I could never do ... the "don't fuss and let the colour go where ever" is something I struggle with but you are AMAZING!
    Love this card sooooo much xxx
    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. so so beautiful. I'm always inspired by your beautiful colour work, and I love your royal theme for these colours Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a creative, artsy background, Paula. Great idea to use the chair as a focal point (I must ink that set). Your card is simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paula, this is just amazing! Phenomenal background technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I just love this chair fit for a Queen, may I be that queen?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Paula! I actually gasped when I saw this, it's lovely, no! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply stunning.... So much going on here that work beautifully together. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my this is definitely not stuffy Paula! Your vibrant background is just stunning, I love the contrast to the embossed grid and how that grounds your very regal chair! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quite impressive! Great vision and execution, love when it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My Gosh Paula! This is the most stunning card - and I love this set too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely breathtaking. I'm like Tanya, how can you be so patient and let the colour be the boss? It obviously works, I should definitely try it haha! Thanks for the INKspiration. Love the whole card

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Everyone, I like to reply to comments whenever I get the chance, as I appreciate the time each of you has taken to leave one. But this time - WOW!! I am so grateful to each of you for your lovely comments but would be here til Christmas answering. Thank you all so much for your kind words xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wanna water colour like you when I grow up! Wow!! Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥