Wednesday, January 11, 2017

WONDERFUL FRIEND - COLOUR INKSPIRATION #1

Welcome to the first blog hop of the Colour INKspiration Crew! We are a team of Aussie and NZ Stampin' Up! ® Demonstrators that create projects based on Pinterest inspired colour swatches.  We also have a Facebook group where Stampin' Up! ® enthusiasts can share their paper craft projects using the colour combinations.  That means YOU! You don't need a blog to participate, just a Facebook page!  Every second and fourth Wednesday of the month a new challenge will go live.  Join the Colour INKspiration Facebook page, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in with the challenges too. 

You have probably come here from the very talented Rachel Palmieri's blog.  Wasn't her project amazing?!  Our first challenge is pretty colourful!  You can choose a minimum of three colours or use the whole lot, it's up to you!

I used the whole colour pallet but only in a tiny area.  The DSP is a Sale-A-Bration item called Inside the Lines Designer Paper and you can choose it as your free item when you spend $110 on any current catalogue purchase!  There are four designs to choose from in this beautiful DSP pack.  I used the busiest one, then used the spotlight technique to colour just a small area in the challenge colours.

I then framed this small piece in black and matched up the design before adhering with Dimensionals.  I heat embossed the sentiment in White embossing powder on a black card banner and choose just one colour from the range as my card base.  I love how this card turned out!


The Colour Inkspiration Design Crew have created more magic with this colour combination.  Your next stop on the hop is Nikki Spencer.  Nikki and I have had the pleasure of designing together in the past and I simply adore her work!

All product used in this project are listed below.  Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use January's host code W6ZTCYTU and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

26 comments:

  1. This is so stunning Paula. I had forgotten about the spotlight technique and your example of it is amazing. I love how you've packed a real wow in such a small area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lou! yes, this technique is a great one to highlight just a small area of a rather busy DSP.

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely lovely! I wasn't sold on the DSP but you have shown how lolvely it can be. Thanks Paula, I'm less afraid to use it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you can now see it's potential Lillybet. I adore this paper!

      Delete
  3. OMG! Love this Paula, and I'm trying it out already. Great technique, pretty card!������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Rachel, this is a great technique to use when you don't have a lot of time to colour, or as in this case, the design is really busy!

      Delete
  4. I love this Paula and sneakily CASEd your idea from the crew page for my launch on the weekend. Great way to use this DSP!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you sneaky girl! I thought I was the only one who did things like that, lol. I will take that as a compliment indeed!

      Delete
  5. Amazing work Paula. Love the way you have coloured that inner circle. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes!!!! This paper lends itself to sooo many wonderful techniques - nailed it Paula!,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card!! Love the spotlight technique! I think I need to case this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this miss Paula and the spotlight technique works so beautifully with that dsp...as always "You inspire". xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawwww, thanks for your kind words Nikki

      Delete
  9. wow you never disappoint, I love the spotlight technique with your beautiful colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this technique Paula, but your blue highlight just makes it sing! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel! I wasn't sure when I started in with the blue if it would look good, but I agree, it's what makes it work :-)

      Delete
  11. WOW! A stunning card Paula! Love your use of the spotlight technique! I can just imagine your hesitancy with that Tempting Turquoise! A fabulous contrast to the black and the white!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, Jackie! Would you believe me if I told you Tempting Turquoise is now one of my new favourite colours?!!

      Delete
  12. Hey there, Paula. Thanks for joining the craziness of CI and kicking off with this little beauty. I've always admired your exemplary colouring in (still have your little notebook from the JAI swap). Cheers to a year of fun colour inkspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥