Monday, January 9, 2017

NAILED IT GDP069

I can't wait to see what everyone does with the colour challenge we have at Global Design Project for you this week!  This weeks guest designer, Claudia Maser, has the most beautiful card to share with you too!  You can see it HERE.

What do you think of this one?  Does it get you thinking?  Adding your own choice into this mix should help, lol.  I took this as an opportunity to make a great card for our boys!  The new Nailed It stamp set and coordinating dies were just perfect for what I wanted to do.

This stamp set contains so many great little images to use with the tool set, such as the screw heads on my base card.  They made a great background, and helped to break up the plain expanse of card, just by repeat stamping in black.  The little screws are another good one too!

I used the Silver Foil sheets to die cut a screw and the shaft of the screw driver, which I attached behind the handle after colouring in Delightful Dijon and then fussy cutting.  I put both the Urban Underground DSP and Washi Tape to good use on the card base and added some texture on the black card by running it through my Big Shot using the Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing folder.  The depth of the impression is just breath taking and my photography really doesn't do it justice!

Join us in the colour challenge this week and be in to win a chance to be our guest designer in the next colour challenge!


All product used in this project are listed below.  Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use January's host code W6ZTCYTU and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

11 comments:

  1. Very cool card Paula! Love the way you have used these colours perfectly - that Urban Underground paper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie, the whole suite makes coordination so easy!

      Delete
  2. Such an awesome guy card Paula! Your colouring is always so beautiful and I adore all those added urban 'blokey' embellishments. Can't wait to get creating with this set. TFS. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou!!! It is great to have such "blokey" elements to work with. I know so many fella's that these will appeal too :-)

      Delete
  3. You've created an awesome card Paula! Yellow isn't that bad :-p x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krista - no, yellow is our friend lol

      Delete
  4. This is a great masculine card! It is too bad the EF on the black portion did not take in the picture like you wanted it to. Did you try changing th location of the light source. I wondering if polarizing filter could have helped. Anyway the card is awesome! Feel proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brent, no matter where I placed my card, I just couldn't get a great shot of the ef, try as I might. Glad you liked the masculine theme though :-)

      Delete
    2. Some folks may think my GDP069 card may look like yours. If you agree, please let me know. I will display credit and link to your card. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  5. Such a fun card, Paula. I especially love the additional pattern you stamped in the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shawn! yes, the additional stamping helps to break up the rather plain colour of the base card.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥