Friday, January 20, 2017

SEALED WITH LOVE - STAMPIN' UP! ARTISAN BLOG HOP

Welcome to the first official blog hop for the new 2017 Artisan Design Team.  We are a group of 20 demonstrators from around the world and I am honoured to be representing New Zealand.  I take up from Susan Wong, who has been such an inspiration to me over the past two years that she has been on the team.

I still can't believe I am typing the words "Artisan Design Team".  I never dreamed that I would one day be part of this amazing team when I joined Stampin' Up! in 2009.  Back then, Demonstrators in the South Pacific couldn't even apply, so I used to look at all the amazing projects these girls made with stars in my eyes!  Thankfully, two years ago, that all changed and here I am.

Just a little bit about me.  I have been married to my sweetie for 24 years and we have one daughter, who no longer lives at home.   I work part time as a PA for an Accountant.  I have been stamping for a little over 8 years and have an amazing team called the Paper Diva's, many of whom have been with me nearly from the start!  I am extremely grateful I get to do what I love the most - card making and sharing the passion of creating with exceptional Stampin' Up! products.

My first Artisan project is all about Love!  The Sealed With Love stamp set is just full of such sweet images.  In particular, those lips!  I have used them to create a fun background on my card by repeatedly stamping tone on tone in Real Red.  I sponged around the stamped panel to darken the edges and create depth to the card.  The sentiment was perfect for a card so full of kisses.  The simple colour scheme of red, white and black gives a really crisp, clean look to this project.

I also stamped the envelope flap with the lips to create a play on words from the sentiment.  I love to decorate the envelopes of my cards anyway.  People know before they open it there is something special inside when the envelope looks nearly as good as the card!

No Valentine gift is complete without Chocolate.  The Sealed With Love stamp set has a set of coordinating framelits, Love Notes, which have been bundled up to save you 10%.  I have used these to create the super cute elements decorating the Sweet Jar.  I particularly like the love heart banner!

So there you have it, my first DT project for the year.  My dear friend Rochelle Blok is next on the hop, and I just know she will have a stunner project for you!


All product used in this project are listed below.  Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use January's host code W6ZTCYTU and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

36 comments:

  1. Oh Paula! I adore your lips card!!! And the very welled kissed envelope flap makes me smile :) Oh, and those little rhinestones on the arrow! Love that too!! Ok, let's not kid ourselves. I love it ALL! I am so glad we are sharing this year of creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya, I can't wait to see what this year brings us!! SO happy to be creating with you!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Congratulations on your first Artisan post. I'm looking forward to seeing all your fabulous creations this year - Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Paula, deine Karte ist sehr schön! Eine tolle Idee den Kussmund als Hintergrund zu verwenden :) Liebe Grüße Maike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maike! Those little lips were too cute to resist using on the entire card lol

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the lips :) they create a striking background and the envelope really pulls the whole creation together! Lovely touches on the chocolate jar too :) I'm looking forward to sharing this year with you on the team Paula xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy. Looking forward to sharing it with you too ♥

      Delete
  5. So sweet!
    I look forward to the creative year with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Paula, love your lippys. Looking forward to seeing all your projects for Artisan this year

    ReplyDelete
  7. My actual lipstick doesn't even look as perfect as your kisses, ha! So cute! I feel like this card looks romantic if that makes any sense and I love it! I can't wait to see your creations all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That lip filled background is just luscious Paula! Love the sophisticated fun feel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Swooning! Those kisses! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thanks Shannon. You can get up now xox

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. That is so sweet of you Carolynn, thanks you for leaving a comment xox

      Delete
  11. Love your project Paula, so pleased your on the ADT this year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lovely to say so Hannah. Thank you xox

      Delete
  12. Congratulations on being part of the Artisan Team, Paula. Your work is always an inspiration and I look forward to seeing what you do as part of this team too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you are kind to leave those words for me Jan - thanks!

      Delete
  13. OMGoodness those lips! Love what you've done with them. Such a beautiful little gift set. So great to see your first Artisan post. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute and adorable card Paula ! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this! I love all of the stamped lips....so cute! I look forward to being on the team with you this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, me too. It is so exciting!

      Delete
  16. Very sexy Valentines card Paula with all those red hot lips! Someone's a lucky man. Congratulations on your Artisan award Paula! I'm excited to follow your journey, and that of the 2017 team this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was so thrilled to see your name as one of the Artisans this year! Congrats and super cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a lovely thing to say, thank you so much Jennifer ♥

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥