Friday, December 9, 2016

INSIDE THE LINES BIRTHDAY

One of my passions is colouring in.  I have about four Adult Colouring books at home and another at my Mum's for when I go visit her!  One of the new Sale-a-bration (SAB) products that will be available to earn FREE (with a $110 NZD Order) from January 4th, is a pack of Designer Paper called "Inside the Lines".  You get 12 sheets, 3 each of four designs, and a little goes a long way!  You can use a variety of different colouring products on this lovely paper, but I wanted to see how it would stand up to water colour.

As you can see by my finished card, it stood up very well to water.  I used an Aqua Painter to colour, picking up ink from my ink pad lids and using a colour wash to fill in the main images.  Once dry, I went back in with more colour to add dimension and shading.  The DSP did warp, but not as much as I thought it would.  Once it was completely dry, I applied fast fuse generously to the back and adhered it to a Thick Whisper White card.  This helped helped to flatten the paper and keep it that way.  I then trimmed the image panel to the size I wanted for my card front.

I have seen vellum banners used on cards and never tried one myself.  I love how this turned out.  I did use Staz On to stamp and it probably would look better in Black embossing, but hey, live and learn, right?  I adore that you can see through it so nothing of the artwork is hidden, just muted.

All product used in this project are listed below.  Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use December's host code NKL6PAGF and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

5 comments:

  1. This is stunning Paula!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that is just the most stunning card Paula!!! Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your coloring on this paper! Really lovely!
    Greetings from Germany!
    Frauke Hagelstein

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I love it, got to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥