Monday, December 5, 2016

HANG IN THERE GDP065

At Global Design Project this week we have Guest Deigner - Holly Stene joining us, which means it must be a colour challenge!  Holly's work is out of this world and I am delighted to be working with her on the 2017 Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team next year.

I was automatically drawn to this colour combination.  I adore the Neutrals colour family and red is a favourite colour of mine, one I wear quite often as it goes beautifully with black, the other colour I wear quite often, lol.

I have finally broken into new product from the upcoming Occasions Catalogue.  As a demonstrator I get to order these wonderful new items a full month in advance of the catalogue release.  You can too when you join the Stampin' Up family, hopefully on my team (if you live in New Zealand), the Paper Diva's.  Who doesn't like to get new product ahead of everyone else, right?!

This beautiful stamp set is called Mediterranean Moments and in my opinion, was just made for water colouring!  It has four beautifully illustrated scenes to choose from.

I have actually cased one of my most pinned cards for this challenge.  You can see the original HERE.
The banner became my sentiment and I used the Stitched Shapes Framelits and Layering Circles dies to frame my artwork.

I finished the card with a Linen Thread bow and Real Red Enamel Dots keeping it simple so I didn't overwhelm the artwork.  For once, this was a colour challenge I actually enjoyed from start to finish.  No struggles with this one!  Love it when a plan comes together!


I can't wait to see what you come up with this week too!  You might just be selected as our Guest Designer for the next colour challenge if you enter!  Good luck and see you at Global Design Project!

All product used in this project are listed below.  Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use December's host code NKL6PAGF and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

6 comments:

  1. BERNATH cigale.nathalie@wanadoo.frDecember 5, 2016 at 11:35 PM

    J ADORE +++++++++++++++

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE your card Paula. I'm blown away by your stunning design and colour arrangement. It's flawless both front and inside and I adore your watercolouring. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula this is absolutely gorgeous! I keep thinking about this set but couldn't picture sentiments with a few of the scenes - this one is purrrrfect :) haha! Love everything about this card! Thanks for the sweet words too - happy to share this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So pretty! I love the colors and the layout and the sentiment pattern stamping on the banner and the watercoloring... and well, everything! Thank so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The brick wall just blew me away! I would think it would be hard to a brick wall to look good using such dark colors! You did great! Of course I had to do a brick wall of my own but with Crumb Cake! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥