Monday, November 7, 2016

MAKING SPIRITS BRIGHT GDP#061


It's colour challenge week at Global Design Project and you know what that means - a chance to be chosen as our next guest designer.  All you have to do is submit a project using this weeks colours! Our fabulous guest designer this week is my good friend Juana Ambida!  Juana has an amazing ability with colour and I don't think she could possibly make a card I don't love!

Now I use black ink on nearly all of my projects, so this became a two colour challenge, which nearly threw me into a tail spin, as I don't really like being limited to what I can use.

Having recently held a Tin of Tags Kit class, I remembered one of the stamps in that set is TINY and has probably escaped many peoples notice!  But I think it is really cute and had to use it for my project!

See the little Christmas light bulb?  Now tell me honestly, did you even notice it in the set?  As soon as I saw it I knew I had to make a string of lights at some point!

I used my Basic Black marker to freehand the string and then patiently stamped each light bulb over the front of my card.  Yes, that is a single layer card.  I can make them now and again, lol.  I also made a coordinating envelope from the In Colour envelope paper.

Not only are there some fun images in the set, but the mix of sentiments and fonts is fantastic.

No card is complete without a gift, which I have wrapped in the coordinating Sugarplum Envelope Paper and finished off with Black Bakers Twine and a matching tag.

Now it is your turn to play.  Fingers crossed, you may be our next guest designer - good luck!

Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use October's host code M4QVHKB2 and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

11 comments:

  1. Paula, I LOVE this. I recently had a Tin of Tags class, and had noticed the little lightbulb. I think it's the ONLY stamp I haven't used in that set. What a beautiful way to keep the little guy from being left out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Jeanne! I always feel sorry for these little guys and like to make sure they feel some love too, lol

      Delete
  2. I just noticed this bulb last night! This is a great way to show off the versatility of this set while it's on sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right! This little bulb would have sold me the set. Am I too easy to please? Love, love this cute stamp set!

      Delete
  3. I noticed this light bulb just this week - now I know exactly how to use it! :-) Paula! Congratulations on being chosen for the Artisan Award... I love your work and can't wait to see that Artisan watermark on all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying so Julie. Have fun with this super wee light bulb xox

      Delete
  4. Wow, this card is FAB, Paula! I kept trying to figure out which stamp set those light strings were from. I never would have guessed it was the single bulb from Tin of Tags. Genius! Congratulations on being selected for the Artisan DT, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Absolutely amazing card Paula. You've taken the smallest detail and created something so fabulous. Such an ingenious idea and card layout. Love it! Congratulations again on being an Artisan - your talent and creativity is limitless and can't wait to see your gorgeous works! Adore your work and style. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little bulb is part of the reason I bought this set. I love what you did with it! Hope you don't mind if I case it? I love the tag also. Can you tell me how you made it? I'm almost sure I know but not 100%. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gloria, thanks for your lovely comments and thanks for visiting. I used the Tags & Labels Framelits to create the tag and just doubled the cardstock over. Just make sure you don't cut through the top hinge, lol!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥