Monday, November 21, 2016

LIFE'S AN ADVENTURE GDP063

Join us at Global Design Project this week for a fun theme challenge - Adventure!  So what do you think of when you think adventure?  It's a pretty broad subject and certainly open to interpretation.


A good friend of mine is a motorbike enthusiast and likes to hoon off for a "blat" every now and again.  I have had to sit though many, many bike stories, believe me.  Well, that to me is some adventure right there!  Just getting on the bike would be an adventure!  I am so short I would need a ladder, lol.

I couldn't think of a better birthday card for him than this adventure theme and it gave me a great excuse to use the fabulous "million" dollar stamp set "One Wild Ride".

I have used Shimmery White card as a base and added a very fluid, water colour background in Tempting Turquoise and Emerald Envy ink, before stamping the sentiment badge in Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  I stamped a second badge and fussy cut the  banner before adhering to my card with Dimensionals.

This card wouldn't have been complete without that bike image and it just works so well with the birthday wish on the inside of the card.  I love that I am able to make such a personal card for friends and family with stamping.

Back to my initial question.  What is YOUR idea of adventure?  Create a project and upload it to the Global Design Project gallery this week and it share it with us!

Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use November's host code 3YTDMCQN and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order

12 comments:

  1. Very striking card. I absolutely love it. Very creative and different. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wonderful watercolor blotches really highlight the journey stamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you wet the card before you apply the water colour?

      Delete
  3. Paula,

    I love what you did with that set! Believe it or not, I used the same set for my father-in-law for his 85th birthday. He was overjoyed! He met my mother-in-law through his motorcycle club. Motorcycles were their way of life!

    What I really came to your blog about, was because I was just curious if you were still blogging. I just pinned a Christmas card you blogged about in 2009! Of course for it to have stood the test of time, you must know it was made with Lovely as a Tree =) It really caught my eye and then I noticed the date. It is wonderful that you are still a demo. I am too. I joined at the beginning of 2015,so you have many years on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marianne, thanks for popping back for a visit. Yes, I am still blogging and love being a SU Demo. In fact, I was named on the 2017 Artisan Design team recently, so you will be seeing even more of my work! Welcome back.

      Delete
  4. Hi brenat, thanks for asking, yes, I do wet the card first. It helps the colour spread on contact!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I first noticed your talent when viewing the lovely 2012 card featuring the SU Every Moment stamps. Stamping on kraft cardstock and masking the daises was pure genius on your part. Back to today's card, after you wet the cs how do you apply the color so randomly? Do you apply ink onto window sheets and then window sheet to cs?
    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loralee, thanks for visiting and leaving your lovely comments. I am happy to know that you enjoy my projects. I used an Aqua Painter to wet my card before I applied the colour. Once it is wet and the ink touched to thew water, it runs beautifully and takes on a life of it's own. The secret is not to fuss too much with it. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  6. So do you apply the ink color to the wet paper with the Aqua Painter and reinker drops?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I squeeze my SU ink pad so that ink transfers to the lid, thus creating a pallet when I open it up, then I just pick the ink up with my Aqua Painter before touching to my wet card stock.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥