Monday, October 3, 2016

SITTING HERE - CASEING BIBI FOR GDP#056

It's CASE the Designer week at Global Design Project!!  CASE, here at Global Design Project, means to "Copy and Selectively Edit".  I love this definition, it means that we can take the parts of the project that appeal to us and go wild with our own unique take on them.
This week we are CASEing my lovely, talented, Spanish-Scottish friend, Bibiana Cameron.  I must say that Bibi choose a rather sedate card (if I may call this lovely card that, lol!) as her projects are normally off the charts in imagination and creativity.  It's great to see that Bibi can also do "simple" so beautifully.

I loved the colour scheme in her card and the wee cat just lounging on the swing.  The sentiment was just what I wanted as this will be going in the post to a friend today.  I created this little bag using the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits.  Before putting the bag together, I stamped the pillow image from the Sitting Here stamp set repeatedly, first in pink, and then offset in white over top.

I made a card insert for the bag to write my message on, using the same sentiment as Bibi's card "just sitting here thinking of you".  I found the perfect image and colour him with alcohol markers, before finishing the whole project off by making a "dog tag", excuse the pun, wrapping white bakers twine around the top of my bag and securing the tag with a bow.

It is amazing how we, on the DT, have each taken inspiration from Bibi's card and come up with so many different projects.  Please go and visit the Global Designers and leave them some comment love.  We each look forward to your visits too!

Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!

If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use October's host code M4QVHKB2 and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

8 comments:

  1. love your card Paula - especially the 'speciality DSP' I looked at it for ages trying to place what pack it came from - Love that you've designed your own! Awesome ! - xoxo Manda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, Manda! I did explain how I had made it. I hope you didn't spend too much time staring and trying to work it out, lol

      Delete
  2. Paula, what a great idea to make your own DSP, very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it didn't start out that way, Joke. I just stamped on it to break up a plain background, but then I kept adding to it. I do love how it turned out - thanks!

      Delete
  3. Your geometric pattern is great! You created this little bag using the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits. Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sweet Paula, I missed a week.I thought this challenge was for this week not for last week! Noooo proof that I have been crazy busy at home and with On stage preparations. I'm late to thank you for your words, your project is the cutest... I love that puppy, the impecable coloring and the stunning simplicity. Hugs and love for you.. Bibi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥