Monday, September 12, 2016

THANKFUL, GRATEFUL, BLESSED PAISLEYS GDP#053


It's time for another colour challenge at Global Design Project and you know what that means, don't you?  A chance to be featured as a guest designer for our next colour challenge.  Lou Kitzelman joins us as our guest designer this week!  Just add your project using the colour combo below and it could be you featured next time!

I know I have mentioned before that I find colour challenges, well..........a challenge!  Perhaps it is the restriction.  But for once, I had a project pop straight into my head!

I adore the Paisley and Posies bundle.  I wanted the bold Watermelon Wonder and Night of Navy to be the main colour features of my project, with just a hint of gold, and I wanted to feature more than just a card.

The card is lovely by itself, but I wanted a little gift to go with it since I had someone in mind for this project.  I love hand stamped candles and haven't done this technique for ages.  I thought I might be a bit rusty and have a couple of dribble accidents, but thankfully, THAT didn't happen, lol.

I think I need to do a class about stamping on candles.  It was really popular a few years back, but I think most of my craft group probably weren't stamping then!  I think a refresher may be in order!

I wonder who our next guest designer will be?  Perhaps it will be you!  Enter your project at Global Design Project this week - and good luck!

Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use August's host code 42G3ZXMC and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

8 comments:

  1. Paula I am so in love with this stamp set & have yet to purchase it myself.....Now I have just looked at this I am even more determined to make this set mine! Your card & candle decoration are stunning! Just the right amount of everything x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kim. I hope you do cave and buy this set. It is so versatile!

      Delete
  2. Paula, this is so fresh & crisp & looks great in the challenge colours. I love how you've combined the paisley elements & the touch of gold really finishes it off. The candle makes a lovely gift too. I really must try a candle but the combination of heat & my clumsiness worries me ;)
    Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you would turn out a fabulous candle Di!! Just don't burn your fingers, lol!

      Delete
  3. This card is just stunning! Totally blew me away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Fiona and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. My favorite card with this set. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥