Friday, September 9, 2016

HELLO! BLOG HOP FOR THE 2016 HOLIDAY CATALOGUE


Welcome to the Hello! Blog Hop for the brand new Stampin' Up! Holiday/Seasonal catalogue.  You will be hopping around some amazing Stamp' Up! ® Independent Demonstrators blogs, each with an inspirational project, featuring new catalogue products.  You may have just arrived from the very talented Jennifer Pauli in Germany and you are currently you are visiting with me, Paula Dobson in New Zealand.  You can continue hopping by using the next button at the end of this post.

I am having so much fun with the new Cookie Cutter Christmas Bundle!  I love every image in it although you could use this little guy for Baby cards too!  It is also great for punch lovers who prefer the quick convenience over die cutting.
I love the tartan background from the Warmth & Cheer Paper Stack.  The Cherry Cobbler enamel dots look gorgeous as a feature against it.  This is not a fast card to make, with all that faux stitching around the edges.  But it does finish it beautifully, don't you think?

My Teddy is two toned.  I achieved that by first inking the stamp in a light colour and then running a sponge dauber with darker ink around the outside, before stamping and punching out my image.  I love the dimension it gives to the stamp.  I feel like I could hug him, lol!!  The texture I have manged to achieve on him was purely accidental.  I hadn't used that stamp before and in my excitement to use him, I didn't clean it first, so the ink didn't stick quite as well as it normally would.  But I love how it turned out anyway!

Thanks for visiting today!  Your next stop is the amazing Tracy May.  There is lot's of inspiration in this group so hop around the whole hop to see it all!



1) Paula Dobson - NEW ZEALAND - You are here!
2) Tracy May - UK
3) Erica Cerwin - USA 

4) Sarah Berry - UK
5) Constanze Wirtz - GERMANY 
6) Teneale Williams - AUSTRALIA 
7) Jacque Williams - NEW ZEALAND
8) Julie Kettlewell - UK
9) Caroline van der Straaten - THE NETHERLANDS
10) Jennifer Pauli - GERMANY


Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use August's host code 42G3ZXMC and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

10 comments:

  1. Hello Paula,

    your card is amazing! Thank you for sharing.
    xoxo Anja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ANja, thanks so much for paying a visit and for your kind comments xox

      Delete
  2. I love your card Paula, I think the bear is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! He is rather dapper, isn't he?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Lovely to have you drop by xox

      Delete
  4. I love this card and the bear is too cute. Would love to see a video on how you colored him. I can't quite figure it out in my poor little brain. Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan you are so sweet. I can't have you wondering for long - I simply used a sponge dauber to colour around the outside of the stamp in a darker colour. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  5. Can you PLEASE explain how you punched the bear without cutting his ears off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't punch the Teddy out, or I would have cut his poor little ears off. I simply fussy cut the image :-)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥