Monday, August 8, 2016

MARQUEE BIRTHDAY - CASEING TANJA GDP#048

The CASE the designer challenge at Global Design Project would have to be one of my favourite challenges.  CASE, in this instance means to "Copy and Selectively Edit".  Take a few ideas from the designers project and knock out a design of your own featuring things that inspired you.

We have an awesome project from Tanja Kolar to work with this week.  Tanja is a talented artist from Germany, whom I have had the pleasure of getting to know over the last eleven months on this awesome design team.  When I think of Tanja's work, I tend to think of the beautiful water colours she favours in many of her projects.

I was inspired by Tanja's birthday theme and also her colour scheme (although I left out the pink!).  I also wanted to give a nod to watercolouring.  The Marquee Messages stamp set is an awesome one to really let your inner artist loose, lol!!

I have kept my card free of all embellishments, apart from the stamp set images themselves, which I have popped up on dimensionals here and there.  I love how masculine it turned out.

So what elements of Tanja's card inspires you?  I hope you will get your craft on and join us this week at Global Design Project.  The design team have put up some awesome projects so be sure to leave some comment love for them! Product List
If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use August's host code 6XPGP7VG and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

10 comments:

  1. My goodness every post just keeps on getting more stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color coordination and object arrangement is stunning. I am probably going to do a theater marquis design too. We will see. Anyway, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you have used a stamp on the crumb cake to add more to the back ground, such a simple technique that adds just a bit more wow. Always love your cards Paula!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra! Thanks for the lovely compliment. Yes, I like to liven up drab backgrounds where I can, lol. Thanks for visiting xox

      Delete
  4. That is such a great card ... love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stef. As I mentioned they were inspired by Tanja :-)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Lovely to have you visit xox

      Delete
  6. Your colouring and shading never cease to wow me Paula! This is another brilliant card. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Lou. It is my favourite thing to do!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥