Monday, August 22, 2016

CHRISTMAS AURORA GDP#050

Spring is in the air, lambs are being born and Daffodils are daffodiling!  Which means summer is not too far away!  We have Christmas in summer down under and that is the theme of my card this week at Global Design Project.

Our fabulous sketch designer, Teneale, has come up with another beauty to get those creative mojo's going.  Back to my theme of Christmas........

The Greetings From Santa bundle in the Holiday Catalogue, coming your way on September 1st, was a must have for me.  As soon as I saw the tree and deer images, I just knew a scenery card would eventuate!

I sponged ink on Shimmery White card to create my Aurora Australis. The stars form the Southern Cross, a constellation seen in the here in the southern hemisphere, and I used the thinlits from the bundle to cut them from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.  It may not be your traditional Christmas Card or colours used, but it is gorgeous and shimmery!

Join us this week as we celebrate our next Guest Designer from last weeks colour challenge.  Head over to Global Design Project to see who the lucky person is!

Shop Stampin' Up! products with me!
If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use August's host code 6XPGP7VG and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

16 comments:

  1. Oh My, this is just amazing Paula, I love it.... now I may just have to add that set to my ever growing list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to enable another purchase Sue, lol. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I had the pleasure of touching a card made by you and I know how amazing your creations are.. This is simple amazing. Genius. lots of love for you my dear Paula. x Bibi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are funny Bibi! I am thrilled you love my cards, my friend. Thanks for visiting and laying some love on me xox

      Delete
  3. OMG Im just gobsmacked ...brilliant card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What??? No words? Highest praise indeed Delys, lol. Love ya xox

      Delete
  4. Your Winter scene i stunning! Awesome! You inspired me to to a similar card for the GDP050!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Brent! I look forward to seeing your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so stunning Paula! Love how you've created the Southern Lights - so spectacular! Thanks for the inspiration. Love it! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments Juana. Always a pleasure to have you visit x

      Delete
  7. WOW WOW WOW!!! Paula this is absolutely stunning! Breathtaking for sure! I have been fortunately enough to call Alaska home for 3 years and miss seeing those lights. You made the perfect rendition with the sponging and colors. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, you are so fortunate to have seen this heavenly event in the flesh. I haven't had the pleasure yet, but it is on my bucket list :-)

      Delete
  8. This is one of the most wonderful cards I have ever seen. Really beautiful. Many greetings from Germany, Frauke Hagelstein

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a stunning card Paula. Thank you so much for sharing. I just CASEd this for a class with the Greetings from Santa bundle and everyone loved it. Thank you also for sharing what ink colours you used. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥