Monday, August 1, 2016

A GUIDING LIGHT - GDP#047


Ahoy there me hearties!!  Which in sailor speak means "hello, my friends".  A very apt greeting this week at Global Design Project as we have a Nautical Theme Challenge for you to join in with.


I have only just recently shared another nautical inspired project, which you can see HERE.  So I guess it was only natural that I created something along the Sympathy lines.  It's a fact of life and most of us don't have these type of cards in our stash for when we really need them.  I needed to replenish my Sympathy Cards.

Once again, I used the new Stampin' Up! Sponge brayer to create my background before turning to sponging and masking to create the islands and landscape.  I really like the soft, foggy look to the distant landscape.  It gives the card a wistful look, just right for the occasion.

Head on over to Global Design Project to see the fun (and not quite so somber, lol) projects the Design Team have for you this week.

On a different note, you can now follow me on Instagram - yes, I have finally taken the plunge!  I still have my training wheels on, but would love you to join me, as I post some projects on there that don't make it to my blog or Facebook!

Product List
If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use August's host code 6XPG7VG and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful project Paula. I would never think of this colour scheme and it looks brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie. Yes, I do like to explore colours that you wouldn't think would work. I think it makes projects all the more eye catching.

      Delete
  2. Paula this card is just stunning. You are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful- the colours are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Franke, glad you like it!

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful background to your card. It really makes it very atmospheric and perfect for the sympathy theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a master at the sponging/masking/brayering technique Paula! Your cards are truly works of art and this one is no exception. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind Julie, thank you. I am glad you like them :-)

      Delete
  6. Paula, your whole card is just fabulous, however the background is simply stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥