Monday, July 18, 2016

IT JUST STINKS! GDP#045


Welcome back to another Global Design Project challenge.  This week we have a great colour challenge for you.  I had a lot of fun with this one as the idea for my card came to me straight away for a change!

Mr courier had recently delivered a big brown box to my door (I never get tired of that!).  Inside the box was a cool stamp set called Here for You.  The sentiments in the set are funny and a great way to lighten a perhaps sad, bad or just crazy situation.  I loved "Well, this just stinks" and couldn't wait for an opportunity to use it.  Hence my skunk card!

The colours in this weeks challenge suited my skunk theme perfectly.    I pulled out my Fox Builder punch to make my cute skunk - so easy!  We all know skunks reek and my sponged background hopefully portrays the whiffy smell that might arise from one - we don't have them in New Zealand, lol.  I created a template out of vellum using the long wavy die from Swirly Scribbles Thinlits for my background.

I love how this card turned out.  How could it not put a smile on the recipients face?  The play on words and that cute, cheeky critter?  Did you smile when you first saw it?  I hope so!


Would you like the chance to be our guest designer for our next colour challenge?  We would love to have you.  Visit Global Design Project to find out more!

Product List
If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use July's hostess code 9F7XBWCA and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

15 comments:

  1. Dear Paula, **psst** don´t tell it to the others, but YOUR card is my absolutely favorite this week.
    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I won't tell Tanja - thanks!! xoxox

      Delete
  2. It would be impossible for this card to be any cuter than it is - I love it, Paula! Love the sweet, soft texture you've created behind the adorable skunk - love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Brian. I have to agree, she is pretty darn cute!

      Delete
  3. I love this card! I absolutely love your whiffy smell sponged background! Genius! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tracy. It does add an element for of to the background, doesn't it?!!

      Delete
  4. The skunk with the petunia on his head really stand out! I like the shading in the background. It looks like forest to me. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brent - yes, it does look like a forest now that you mention it!

      Delete
  5. This was just the best! I love the swirly die cut used as a mask in the background. So creative! Great job on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment xox

      Delete
  6. You get my vote this week, one of the most clever card ideas I have seen in a long while, Paula you are a creative genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, Michelle - thank you! You say the nicest things! So glad we are friends xox

      Delete
  7. This is such an awesome card Paula! so creative! It has been featured as one of my Stampin' Up!® pinterest pin Highlights this week on my blog. Thanks for sharing - http://bit.ly/2a6uc6h

    ReplyDelete
  8. In love with your card Paula! Your talent knows no bounds, it's so clever and gorgeous - love all the creative touches and the cute skunk is just adorable! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥