Monday, July 11, 2016

CASE THE DESIGNER - STEFFI GDP#044


At Global Design Project this week it's challenge #44!!  It's hard to believe I have been a part of this amazingly talented Design Team for 44 weeks and I haven't missed designing a single week yet!
Having said that, after the passing of my Brother-in-law (BIL) this time last week, I didn't think I would be able to, or have time to, contribute to challenge #44.  But we are CASEing Steffi Helmschrott this week and I did NOT want to miss this opportunity!

Steffi lives in Bavaria and it has been my great pleasure to get to know her over the past few months.  I am in complete awe of her watercolour abilities!  We also have a few other things in common besides our love of Stampin' Up!.  We also share a love of coffee, the Sims, and she plays a mean game of Monster Busters!!

I was able to work this challenge in with what was going on in our lives last week.  My sister-in-law had people travel from far and wide, food, flowers and offers of help flowed in, to try and ease the hardship.  One thing I can do is make cards, so I used Steffi's original design to make Thank You cards I presented to my sister-in-law to send out when she feels able.

My BIL, in his younger days, was a merchant seaman and that came to play a big part in his life.  He loved the sea and his farewell featured this theme heavily.  It was only natural that the cards were designed in a nautical theme too.

I took the same overall simple design and colour scheme Steffi used but changed out the gold for Dapper Denim.  I used the same honeycomb stamp on my background from Butterfly Basics.  I thought it resembled rope netting.  The Lighthouse and ships wheel are a symbolic guide for my BIL.

I packaged all the cards up in a simple bag which I also stamped the wheel on.  A tag and clip was added to keep everything together.  It's times like these I am so thankful that I can contribute in such a personal way.

Head on over to Global Design Project and CASE Steffi as we have this week.  I am looking forward to seeing what you can do and leaving some comment love for you!

Product List
If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use July's hostess code 9F7XBWCA and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

17 comments:

  1. So sorry for your family's loss. Your cards are beautiful. Are the three circles of color candy dots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie. Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I did use Candy Dots. I normally don't mention items that have retired or are not SU. I have a ton of these left in my stash, lol

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your recent loss, Paula and hope that you are doing ok? Sending hugs and prayers. I can understand your 'need' to CASE this designer ... she is amazing! Great job. I always find card making very therapeutic when there is stress around. Hope you found the same! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Andrea. Yes, the craft room has always been my happy place, so it is being well loved at the moment in particular!

      Delete
  3. So sorry for your loss. These are very beautiful cards and so personal. I'm sure they were very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Tammy. Yes, my SIL was very grateful.

      Delete
  4. hehe, the game Sims is the best *whohooo* :D

    Your project ist sooo beautiful. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be entering a CASE of your card soon. I sure like your SU stamp of a lighthouse. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brent. I loved what you came up with. You are so very clever with virtual card making!

      Delete
  6. Oh Paula, it's always hard losing family...Keeping occupied is part of your coping skills...sending hugs and love.
    Your card design is gorgeous and is perfect for a man or woman...Will be casing when I can find some time xx Hope to find time to enter a card this week for the GDP challenge ...fingers crossed (school holidays! aaaaaargh) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, thanks so much for your kind words. I look forward to seeing your design!

      Delete
  7. Your card is so pretty Paula ! Love the combination blue/kraft !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula,
    So sorry to hear of your family's loss, what a lovely gesture at what must be a very difficult time.
    This set is just gorgeous!! So simple and elegant, just to also say between yourself and Louise Sharp's recent make you have both 'MADE' me purchase this set. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma, thanks for your condolences. I am so very happy that both Lou and I were able to help you purchase this set, lol! It is a great one for the men in our lives :-)

      Delete
  9. Lovely Paula, so sorry for your lost. This is a stunning card and more importantly it means a lot. Sending sympathy to you and your family. You are amazing and I thank Kylie and Loiuse for choosing me to be part of GDP team with you and share not only creativity but friendship. Hugs X Bibi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bibi, you are just the sweetest and I am so glad we are friends too xox

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥