Monday, July 25, 2016

BRIDGE TO NOWHERE GDP#046


I really like sketches to kick start the creative process and this week at Global Design Project we have an awesome sketch to inspire you.

My stamp set choice, Wherever You Go, really inspired the theme of this card too.  I adore the artwork in this set, particularly the bridge and the little bird.  This set called my name when I first saw it in the catalogue.  Yes, it really did!  I also felt it was made for this sketch!

Are you watching the news at the moment?  What is our world coming to that we can't travel in safety, without fear of never going home?  That is what my card is about.  Hope - that one day we can go where ever we want and go in safety.

To create the Ombre background, I used the new Sponge Brayers to apply the ink on Shimmery White cardstock, starting with Soft Sky, Tempting Turquoise and finishing with Dapper Denim.  The intensity of colour is just as stunning as using a rubber brayer, but I feel the sponge rollers are a lot more forgiving, as you don't tend to get hard lines of colour and you can smooth things out a lot easier.  Give them a try!

I hope you will play along with us this week and check out what the rest of the Global Design Project Design Team have created as well.

Product List
If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use July's hostess code 9F7XBWCA and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

19 comments:

  1. So Stunning Paula!! I love what you have done - you are so the queen of sponging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula this card is gorgeous. You are the "Queen of Techniques"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bridge and reflection on the the gradient of blues! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Paula :-) love how you created the ombre background using the sponge brayer, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patrice. These sponge brayers are the bomb!

      Delete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Paula! Love the gradation of colour - perfection! Great concept and so inspirational. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juana. That means a lot coming from you!

      Delete
  7. Oh Paula, I just love your card! I just bought the new sponge brayer, so I'm happy to see you like them. I usually sponge my cards for this effect because of the lines that a brayer sometimes leaves. I did a similar scene but with the sunset and mountains, which by the way, YOU taught me how to do! LOL How do you make the reflection in the water? I can never seem to get it right. Yours here is just perfect. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bobbi! The reflection is done by stamping the image on the Stamp-a-ma-jig imaging sheet and then pressing (without moving the sheet) upside down beneath the stamped image. I run my fingers over it to transfer the ink onto the card. I would usually sponge too, but I thought I would try the sponge brayer - love them!

      Delete
  8. This card is absolutely stunning. Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I if only I can sponge like you! One day I will give it a go! Your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melodie, the sponge brayers make this effect so easy to achieve. Give it a try!

      Delete
  10. What a fabulous card Paula :) Feeling inspired to get ink on the sponge braver I had to have!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your "Bridge to Nowhere" title made me think of the Fort Duquesne Bridge in Pittsburgh in the mid 1960s. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥