Monday, June 27, 2016

TAG, YOU"RE IT! #GDP042


It's sketch challenge week at Global Design Project and I thought I would do something other than a card for a change!  I do love 3D work but I don't always have the patience for it, lol.  I thought I would challenge myself just that little bit further this week!
The sketch we have to work with is another beauty by our very own Teneale Williams and I rather thought it lent itself to a tag.  A few years back I bought a tutorial by Lauren Meader for a really cool hand bag, so I pulled that out again to make another using Pop of Pink Specialty DSP.

The tag itself came together quickly thanks to my Big Shot machine and the fabulous array of dies we now have at our disposal.  I die cut a two inch circle from Whisper White card and gently sponged Blushing Bride ink from the bottom, letting it fade out toward the top.  After punching a ribbon hole, I thread through Whisper White thick twine to attach it to the bag.

I used the gorgeous flower from the Jar of Love stamp set, which also has a coordinating die set.  I die cut the flower after first stamping it, then also the twig.  I adhered the twig to my tag, then I laid two banners, one from Blushing Bride Glimmer paper (love it!) and the other, Basic Black cardstock across the tag, after first stamping my sentiment in White Craft ink on the black banner.  I placed the flower on a dimensional to complete the tag.  I love how the tag turned out!  Such a nice way to dress up my little gift bag.

So as you can see, a sketch doesn't have to be a card, it can be anything you want to make it.  Just use it as a starting point.  I hope you will join us at Global Design Project this week and share your project with us.

  Product List
If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use May's hostess code VPEKUGSS and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Paula! I love the Pop of Pink papers and it's so nice to see this little bag again (I too have the tutorial stashed away). Your tag is definitely the star, love the twine, love the sentiment. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bag & the beautiful tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Paula, I love everything about your project !

    ReplyDelete
  4. completely out of the box. I love your interpretation of the sketch. Stunning! hugs from Scotland. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a creative way to use this sketch, Paula! Your tag is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥