Monday, June 6, 2016

SORRY YOU ARE NOT TOO BRIGHT #GDP039


I will be honest with you, Get Well cards are not ones I normally have in my stash on hand.  I tend to make them up as I need them.  So it turns out, I don't actually have many sentiments that say "Get Well".  Bit of a shame really as that is our theme challenge this week at Global Design Project!


This called for a little imagination on my part.  I really, really, really love the Pun Intended Hostess set, particularly the light bulb image.  One of the sentiments is "Sorry I am not too bright".  I knew I could work with that with a little chopping and changing!  I didn't want the middle section of the light bulb though, so had to mask each bulb before inking and stamping on my card base in Black Staz On ink.  I then used a tacky painters tape to adhere the outside edges of my card to a board I like to water colour on.  This helps to reduce the amount of warping once the card is wet.

I used an Aqua Painter to apply Peek-a-boo Peach and So Saffron ink to my watercolour card.  Once it was dry, I removed the tape to reveal the border.  I stamped the "sorry" only from the sentiment and coloured the cords of the light bulbs black.  Front finished.

The inside is clean and simple with just a little colour in the bulb.  The sentiment is a mash of two stamps.  In hindsight, I perhaps should have included a "get well sooner" stamp had there been room, so there was absolutely no confusion about what I was trying to say, lol!

Once again, I have adapted a stamp set to say and look how I imagined it would look for this occasion!  I hope it has inspired you to look at your stamps sets in a new light - I had to say it, lol.
Head over to the Global Design Project to visit with each of the amazing DT members and see the gorgeousness they have created for you!

Product List
If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order

7 comments:

  1. I'm will you on the 'Get Well' cards - I don't tend to make many - or have much to use - we are so creative! (If I do say so myself - and for you too! LOL)
    I always love your sponging, watercoloring and blending techniques, you have a knack my love! This is beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Lou and welcome back! Thankfully I don't have to make these kinds of cards too often!

      Delete
  2. Paula this card is great! Love the watercolored background and different lengths of lights! So fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card Paula. Such a clever way to come up with the sentiment! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background is amazing! I love it ❤︎

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this stamp set too and the water colouring on your card. It's amazing the different ways we can find to use our sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥