Monday, June 13, 2016

BACK TO BASICS #GDP040


Once every four weeks at the Global Design Project, we hold my favourite challenge - CASE the Designer.  In this instance CASE means "Copy and Selectively Edit".  The beautiful original projects of our star designer then become the starting points for our own projects.  Our featured designer the week is Shawn de Oliveira of ShawnStamps.

I adore Shawns clean style of card making.  The minimal fuss and limited embellishments are a wonderful signature and I can spot a "Shawn" card a mile away!  I decided to take those tell tale elements and do the same thing on my card.  Normally I "add", this time I didn't!

When I first saw Shawns CASE piece, I immediately thought of the watercolour element.  But I have been doing a fair amount of water colour lately, so I decided not to go down that path.  Instead I chose the colours from his card, the twine and the stamp set.  I threw them all on my table and then sat for a half hour staring at them, lol.

Inspiration came when I decided to make a  masculine card from the very feminine Butterfly Basics stamp set.  The diagonal stripes were perfect to create this repeat background in the feature colours.  Keeping the embellishments to a minimum, I simply tied off a Linen thread bow to finish.

Once again, I look forward to seeing your interpretation of Shawn's gorgeous card this week at Global Design Project.  The rest of the design team have been busy so pop by and leave some comment love for them too!

Product List
If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

7 comments:

  1. I love your interpretation of Shawn's CASE card Paula and the way you used that stamp set - very clever! A beautiful card. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and striking example of "not adding" Paula! Love your take on Shawn's card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colors, arrangements, and the twine! Great CASE card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the simplicity of your card! Perfect masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and beautiful. I couldn't get those stripes as straight as you. This is not easy. Beautiful colour combo. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love this. I think I've mentioned before that you are the queen of color and this card is no exception. I love the bold graphic look you achieved and how you've found colors that look so similar to the retired ones I used. I had to look twice. Thanks so much for your kind words and for all the inspiration week to week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great use of that image Paula! I love this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥