Monday, May 16, 2016

WILD ABOUT FLOWERS #GDP036


I have had the honour of being a Design Team member of the Global Design Project since it's launch back in September 2015.  I still pinch myself that I get to play with, and can now count as friends, so many celebrities in the Stampin' Up! world.  I still get a little star struck if I am honest!!

I have had the privilege of CASEing some of my amazing team mates, as we "CASE the Designer" once every four weeks.  I really enjoy these challenges, as we take inspiration from their projects and make them into our own designs.  CASE, in this instance, means to Copy And Selectively Edit.  Well, guess who is being CASEd this week??  Can you, huh?

Me!!  That's right, little ol' me!  I am beyond excited to see what you all come up with from the project above!  The Design Team have amazed me with their interpretations this week.  Make sure you check them out!

I kept the beautiful stamp set Wild About Flowers, and that was pretty much it.  I am excited that this set is staying with us into the new catalogue, as it suits the scenes I love to sponge, and that was what I decided to do this time, using all new colours to boot!  I haven't created a scene (figuratively) for ages!

I know a few of you will ask how I have done this, but seriously, it is really just a heck of a lot of masking, sponging on ink and then stamping over top.  I am experimenting with video at the moment, and when I feel a little more confident, I will share with you how I make these cards.

I kept this simple and free of embellishment, as I wanted this stamp set to be the hero of this card, as it was in the original.  I hope you find something that inspires you to play along too.  It may be the sentiment, the layout of the colours.  But whatever it is - have FUN! 

Product List
If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use May's hostess code 9TUTTSMB and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

20 comments:

  1. Fantastic scene Paula - I love it! I have just bought this set, since it was staying with us another year and I love it. I spent all weekend playing with it and the new colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! Why do we wait so long to get sets we love? Have fun!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card Paula. I love the background! I love your original card too - looking forward to CASEing you this week! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy. I bet your project will be a knock out as they usually are!

      Delete
  3. I knew you would do sponging on your card!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I not Krista. I would hate to disappoint Teneale, lol

      Delete
  4. Stunning, Paula! Looking forward to CASEing your beautiful card. D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denita! I look forward to seeing your project!

      Delete
  5. Yay! Love this week's GDP challenge - looking forward to 'Case' your gorgeous cards Paula. Thanks so much for the inspirations. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you come up with Juana xox

      Delete
  6. We should have totally been casing a card with your sponging! I had so much fun creating inspired by you. This card is AMAZING! You are AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So are you, my friend. I loved your take on the original very much!

      Delete
  7. This is beautiful Paula! I just love these colors together and your sponging and masking techniques are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An absolutely gorgeous scene. You shouldn't be star struck, you do such beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lyn, that is such a lovely thing to say ♥

      Delete
  9. Two amazing, but different looks! I should try my hand more at sponging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, you should Melodie - it's my most favourite technique!

      Delete
  10. Cornflowers, one of my favourites. I love the way you have showcased some of our new colours and I look forward to seeing your video in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, these colours look fabulous together, don't they? I love it when we get colours that play well together :-)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥