Monday, May 2, 2016

PEEK-A-BOO WATERCOLOUR #GDP034


I am on a bit of a water colour kick at the moment so this weeks challenge at Global Design Project is right up my alley! Our clever sketch designer, Teneale. has come up with another beauty for you to play along with!

Does this sketch not say "water colour me!"  Well it did to me!  I like to see how colours will mix together, and of course, we have new In Colours coming very soon.  I thought I would take three of them out for a test drive on this card.

They have the most delightful names - Sweet Sugarplumb, Flirty Flamingo and Peek-a-boo Peach!  I also threw in our vibrant Tempting Turquoise.  These colours all played nicely together.  They blended well and didn't split as some colours do.  They also stayed just as vibrant once dry.

The background is really the hero of my card, so with just a simple bit of stamping in Basic Black Archival ink, once the backgound was dry, I put everything away and left it at that.  This card was made with a very special friend in mind, so I hope she isn't disappointed I didn't "Paula-fy" it more with layers and ribbon!

Go take a look at how hard the rest of the design team have been working for your viewing pleasure at Global Design Challenge, then go and create an entry of your own to share with us!  I would love to see what you come up with.

Product List
If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use Aprils hostess code 9TUTTSMB and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

5 comments:

  1. Oh you are so good with Watercolor! Love how you have showed off these new colours and to add in the tempting turquoise - wow they POP! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your watercolouring Paula. I'm so happy to be part of GDP with you.. you are so adorable. :) Big hugs from Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love Love this card. So simple but eye-catching. I can't wait to get my hands on those new colours! And ... I am playing around with watercolours, lately, too. Might have to CASE this one! :) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥