Monday, May 9, 2016

GET THOSE PHOTO'S INTO AN ALBUM! - #GDP035


Project Life has changed the way people memory keep ever since it was first launched by Becky Higgins.  A couple of years back, Stampin' Up! teamed with Becky to bring Project Life to the SU world and it has appealed to both Stampin' Up! scrap bookers and card makers ever since.  It makes sense then, that the Global Design Project theme challenge this week is Project Life!

I am a card maker primarily, although I enjoy making scrapbook pages when I can get to a class run by others, lol.  I was taken initially with the ease of Project Life and the fact that you can make it as simple as just slipping photo's and pre-designed cards into pockets.  The whole idea is to get those photo's off our devices and into albums!!  We take more photo's now than we ever did, but don't get them printed!!


But I will be honest, I struggle with how to make my pages look amazing.  Which way up I should the take photos, and then the layout itself.  I tend to over think and over complicate the whole process and then I just don't start.  I know I am not the only one.

Just do it.  That is pretty much what I learnt when I join Project Life by Stampin' Up! International Online Party on Facebook.  You can join too!  So many awesome ideas and great how-to videos by fabulous demonstrators.

I got my photo's printed and put them in the album first.  I then chose a PL card collection and started putting the cards from the collection in unused pockets.  I decided which cards I would journal on, which would be my header.  I also wasn't afraid to chop my photo (centre spread, lol) in half to fit it the page.  On my first page, the black card with white writing?  That's just a piece of Designer Paper.  I couldn't find a card I liked to fit that space.  There are no rules!

And then finally, I played with the embellishment kit.  Some cards I kept simple and some I really layered up!  I love that everything co-ordinates.

You don't have to use these Project Life kits just in layouts.  I know my fellow Global Design Project designers have come up with some great ideas you can use in your everyday 12" x 12" scrap booking and even card making, so pop on over and have a look!

Product List
If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use May's hostess code 9TUTTSMB and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

5 comments:

  1. Paula, Thank you very much for sharing your memories with us. I absolutely adore "moments like this", and is arriving tomorrow. Love your projects and all you do.. :) hugs . Bibi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful! Thank you for mentioning the Facebook party - it has helped so many of us to let go of our fears and realise as you said - just do it! There are no rules. I think so many of us thought it was restrictive - but it is anything but. Many of us were overthinking it when it isn't that hard at all. Plus memory keeping is so important! Good on you Paula - looks like your family had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Just to it. I'm agree with you - I struggle with how to make it look pretty, but in the end it's just documenting and getting it done! Love this page layout and thanks for sharing a little bit of your family with us. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great Paula... getting started is the most important thing and then hopefully people will see how easy this system is to use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true Paula - Just have to do it and there's no right or wrong. Love your Project Life pages, it's such a great way to keep our cherished memories. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥