Monday, April 25, 2016

COME, LET US DRINK COFFEE! #GDP033



It's that time again - colour challenge time! - at Global Design Project this week and we have a beauty for you.

Remember the framelit story a few posts ago?  It eventually had a happy ending when my replacement order arrived.  I could finally play with the framelit set I had put off getting for so long, but was now desperate to use!  And play with them, I did!!

For those of you who don't know or haven't figured it out yet, I am a coffeeholic.  Totally addicted, although not in a support group.  Maybe  I should start one?  There's a thought............

Anyway,  I am always looking for new ways to use stamp sets for something other than what they were perhaps intended.  The sentiments in Balloon Celebration lend themselves to other topics other than just birthdays and celebrations and I put together the perfect sentiment for my coffee card!  However, this sentiment, other than the word "coffee", is stacked in three lines, so I masked and stamped each line separately so the sentiment was in one line along the bottom of my card.  But it was worth the effort!

I die cut the little steam hearts in vellum and stuck them to the back of the cups before adhering the cups to my panel.  The steam looks like it is floating up from each cup because it is not stuck to the card!  I also used three really little stamps in the Balloon Celebration set, that may not necessarily see a lot of love, to decorate my coffee cups.  I finished the card (before adhering the cups) by sponging a a straight line across the panel.  This helps to ground the cups so they don't look like they are floating in mid air, lol

I would love for you to join in with us this week for this great colour challenge.  The team have some beautiful projects to share with you too, so head over to Global Design Project and check them out!

Product List
If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use Aprils hostess code QMPYBQ2V and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

27 comments:

  1. I was absolutely riveted by your card! What fabulous techniques to make those mugs look almost photo-real. Using the designs from the balloon stamp was genius. (Now that I think about it, I have cups like the 3rd one in my own cupboard...!) TFS. Perfect interpretation of the color challenge and an inspired design. Well, off to refill my own mug...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda!! I hope you enjoyed your coffee!

      Delete
  2. Do I need to tell you how much I love this card? haha probably not ... we could start that support group together ;) We will support each other in finding yummy coffees throughout New Zealand and Australia ... or we could search the world - as a public service :) Miss You ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about taking the support group worldwide Leonie - you are on to something there!! Yes, a very special public service, lol

      Delete
  3. LOVE your card! What size is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I just made up the size to fit the three mugs across without squashing them, lol. It was all guess work :-)

      Delete
  4. These are sooo cute! I seriously think I would buy the middle mug in a store (though they all could be found in a store)! So so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly. Yeah, I had visions of the rows of mugs in the local store when I made this card , lol

      Delete
  5. I love it, what an original card , the shadow I find brilliant found, well done Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, I love how you've stamped the cups!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare, it does add more interest to the cups, doesn't it!

      Delete
  7. what a great idea! i love it! thanks for sharing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your coffee cups and I really would like to drink one of them with you :)
    Liebe Grüße
    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerstin, it would be my pleasure! How do you have it, lol?

      Delete
  9. So cute Paula! Love those little steam hearts .. in fact I was sure I saw them moving when I was looking at your images! :) And the little touch of shadow to ground the mugs (no pun intended) is perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that pun should be intended - very clever Cheryll!

      Delete
  10. I just love your card Paula....It's so well done & because of how much I love a steaming hot cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim - I am enjoying one as I type this, lol

      Delete
  11. those cups are brilliant with the stamps on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krista, they do look rather fun, don't they?

      Delete
  12. Paula! These mugs are perfect. What a great way to use these colors - love how you've got the mugs displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, very clever. You are an artist. Very impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥