Monday, April 4, 2016

COFFEE ANYONE? #GDP030


Welcome back to another week with Global Design Project!  As you know by now, we cycle through four different challenges every four weeks, which means we are up to a sketch challenge this week.  Our very own Teneale Williams comes up with some real beauties for us to play with, and this week is no exception.

Except that it didn't exactly go to plan for me!  I was desperate to turn this sketch into a coffee card (picture in my head, you know the drill) and had recently ordered the Cups & Kettle framelits, which I was waiting for my courier to deliver.  So, safe in the knowledge they were on their way to me, I started on my design for the card.  Only I couldn't finish it.  Cause the framelits didn't turn up.  In fact the whole entire order went MIA - boohoo! What to do?

See that pretty button embellishment?  That should have been a coffee cup, but hey, work with what you have, right?  I figured the word "coffee" stamped multiple times and the coffee rings would still help convey the message I had put on the inside.

I don't do champagne - I do coffee when I want to really push the boat out, lol.  There's nothing quite as satisfying as a freshly brewed Latte`.

Once my order finally shows up, I hope to recreate this card with either a cup or a spoon in place of the button, lol.  But until then, this is it!

I hope you will find some inspiration in my design, enough that you want to play along too.  Head on over to the Global Design Project challenge site to see what the other design team members have in store for you too.  I know they had better success with their wonderful creations than I did, blahahaha!

To create this project, I used the following products, available for purchase at my Online Store:  Use April hostess Code: QMPYBQ2V
Timeless Textures stamp set, Balloon Celebration stamp set, Bravo stamp set, Early Espresso Ink, Crumb Cake Card and Ink, Bermuda Bay Card, Very Vanilla Card, Typeset DSP, 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Sponges Burlap Ribbon, Linen Thread, Regals Designer Buttons, Dimensionals


If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator.  When you shop Online with me, please use the current months hostess code and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

8 comments:

  1. Great work, Paula. The card is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your card! Did I mention I'm a coffee addict? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling! You sure don't need the coffee cup at all. The coffee rings are perfect, as is the sentiment inside. Great card, Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is great! Coffee cup or no coffee cup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh ... don't you hate it when an inticipated order goes missing! But ... you managed to do a great card, anyway! With you all the way .... coffee not champagne! hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card, it really caught my eye on the GDP page!! And I'm always up for coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can turn any card from drab to fab! You card is gorgeous and shows your ingenuity and creativity. Love it - cheers to coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥