Monday, April 18, 2016

CASEING KRISTA #GDP032


I have just returned from an amazing weekend at Stampin' Up!'s Onstage event in Auckland, meeting up with other inspiring Stampin' Up! demonstrators from around New Zealand, plus a few Australian demo's that became honorary Kiwi's for a few days!  So cool to have them there!  I love Stampin' Up! events, they are just one of many perks we have as demonstrators.  Another perk is being able to spend time enjoying the company of others that share the same passion as I do.   Learning from them, sharing ideas and gaining inspiration from them and then using it in the work that I share with you!

In much the same way, Global Design Project CASE (our definition; Copy And Selectively Edit) one of our very own Design Team members in a challenge, once every four weeks.  It is such a great way to gain inspiration that can spill over into your own work.

This week, Krista Frattin is our star!  Krista is not only a member of the Global Design Project but is also one of Stampin' Up!'s very own Artisan Design Team members.  Her work is stunning.  I love the many layers Krista puts in her work and there is normally touches of bling everywhere too!  Her inspiration piece is no different, with beautiful layered leaves, white on white, and then just a touch of silver foil to add some shine and reiterate the sentiment.

I wanted to use the touches of silver and also use the same colours, Smokey Slate and Blushing Bride and add the all important layers.  I used the Happy Patterns Decorative Masks to sponge Blushing Bride ink on my background card, letting the colour fade out toward the edges.  I stamped my flower image in Black Staz On ink on watercolour paper and coloured the image using an Aqua Painter.  I then fussy cut that out, popped it on dimensionals (I should take shares out in these!) and stuck it over top of the sponged background.  

I put a hint of silver foil card down one side and silver thread behind the flower.  I then added my own touch of bling with a few sequins!  The sentiment is stamped in Smoky Slate to finish.

My card is not the simple perfection that Krista's is, but then, it is not meant to be a copy.  Krista's card is a guide only, so take the things YOU like from it and join us this week with your own submission!  We would love to see what you come up with.  In the meantime, head over to Global Design Project to see what the other DT members have created!

Product List
If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please use Aprils hostess code QMPYBQ2V and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

15 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning! The colors are so soft and pretty...you have provided me with the inspiration I needed for making my daughter's bridal shower card. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Barb! This would make an excellent card for not only a Bridal shower, but the wedding itself. Glad you love it. Have fun making it and all the best for a fabulous day!

      Delete
  2. That coloring is blowing my mind!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny girl, it's the same colour you used!! Glad you like it though :-)

      Delete
  3. Your work is always an inspiration and this card is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazingly beautiful, Paula! This card is spectacularly perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Spectacularly perfect! High praise from you, dear Brian xox

      Delete
  5. Stunning card - love those soft colours - I need to play with Smokey Gray a bit more

    ReplyDelete
  6. S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G! Love it. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this card as soon as I clapped eyes on it Paula. Just beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally gorgeous Paula, your watercolouring in the flower is to die for!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow love your watercoloured flower! It's stunning and really stands out as the focal point against your lovely soft and pretty background! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so stunning Paula! oh my. The way it POPs out at you is so wonderful. Keep sharing your incredible talent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! Your card really stood out among the other GDP Design team posts. It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥