Monday, February 1, 2016

PAINT THE TOWN! - GDP021


This week at Global Design Project we have the colour challenge that really will challenge you, at least it did me!  I was excited not to see any greens or reds in there though!  You can thank the great Brian King for this colour choice!


Soooooo.......Where to start when you are stumped?  Designer Paper.  The Have a Cuppa DSP stack has these colours in it, so I pulled out a sheet I wanted to use as an accent and then went from there.

I love the paint brushes in the hostess set "Love You Sew" and have been wanting just the right project to use them on.  When I couldn't think of a single thing to do with this colour scheme, I figured brushstrokes of different colours was just perfect!

Those who know me, know I can't just stop there and I had to put a little more detail into the paint brushes.  If you look closely you will see each handle is shiny with a gold "metal" rim.  I used a Versamark pen to add ink where I wanted the gold embossing, and I used the Fine-tip Glue Pen to add the shine to the handles.  It is a fabulous glue but an even better lacquer for small spaces!


I also changed up the sentiment stamp.  The stamp has the words one above the other, yet I wanted the words across my card.  So I pulled out my stamp-a-ma-jig, inked and stamped each word separately to get it looking how I wanted.  A word of advice - make sure there is no residue on your stamp when stamping the next word!  How do I know that?

I hope you feel somewhat inspired, and don't find this colour challenge too daunting.  Just pull out that DSP you have lying around and go from there!  Join the rest of the Global Design Project design team to see the deliciousness they have come up with this week.  Thanks for playing each week!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

If you would like to order Stampin' Up! products and you live in New Zealand, simply click HERE to be taken to my Online Store. If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

21 comments:

  1. I think your card is a brilliant interpretation of the challenge. So creative with the paintbrush handles, too! Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Paula! So clever with the paint on the brushes. Great use of the colours too. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Paula - fabulous way to show off the colours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Paula, every last detail, and there are plenty of them to love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! It is so clever and beautifully designed with some lovely touches. I don't know how you managed to get the long swashes of color under each brush. Can you tell us how you did that? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, the colour swatches are another stamp in the set. SU think of everything!

      Delete
  6. I absolutely adore this card! What an inspired way to use those images! I'm stumped as to how you inked the "paint" and handle colours on each brush, as using markers would not result in such intense shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I need to work out how to do a video and show you Doris! But just in case I don't, I inked up the entire stamp in the colour first, then carefully reinked part of the image in the black, making sure to leave some colour on the bristles showing. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Thank you!! I was imagining it might have been the other way around, but of course you'd want to add the darkest colour (black) last. Brilliant!! Would love a video if you have time, but I understand how much work they are. :-)

      Delete
  7. This is such a cool and and fresh cards. I love how it is so different and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely fun card! I am so glad you said where that paintbrush came from, I had not notice it at all.
    Now I wish I'd gotten that set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card my friend :-) love all the detail you put into the paint brushes, great tip about using the fine tip glue pen, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paula, not only do I love how you used these colors in this card, but I love how you position the paintbrushes on the right side. What a gorgeous and fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card!! Now I can't wait to play with this set!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Outstanding Paula ... I hadn't given this set a second glance because of the name. You have made me look at it in a new light! Love! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a clever card!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Paula,
    i like your Card. The paintbrushes with the embossed Metal ring are a great idea and a Highlight at your card. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cool card! Love the DSP at the side of the card and these paintbrushes are PERFECT! Bold AND fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥