Monday, February 22, 2016

LITTLE LAMB - GDP024


Welcome back to another week at Global Design Project.  It's another CASE the Designer challenge, this time THE Michelle Last!  Michelle is a fellow demo from the UK that I have idolised for quite some time.  Her artwork really speaks to me and I love her mainly clean designs as they are similar to my own style.  Lets see what we have to CASE:

I really liked the colours on this card, but I am not a huge fan of using DSP on my cards.  I really don't like to cut up all the pretty paper, lol.  But I did decide to make my own designer background by using the same colours to watercolour a tartan.

I used a number of different brush sizes and a ruler as a guide so my lines remained relatively straight!  I also used Stampin' Up!'s watercolour paper for the background and my art piece.  I stamped my lamb in Black Staz On before watercolouring and then I added just a touch of Wink of Stella to his fleece to make him shimmer.

This stamp is called Easter Lamb, but you don't have to use him just for Easter!  I used him to make a baby card for one of my fellow Global Design Project team mates, Bibiana Cameron, who just recently had a wee baby boy.  This card is now winging it's way to Scotland - hence the tartan background!

I hope you will find some inspiration of your own and join me and the rest of the design team with a work of art of your own this week!

To create this project, I used the following products, available for purchase at my Online Store: Suite Sayings, Easter Lamb, Watercolour Paper, Tip Top Taupe A4, Whisper White A4, Marina Mist A4, Versamark Ink, Black Staz On Ink, Tip Top Taupe Re-inker, Soft Sky Re-inker, Marina Mist Re-inker, Crumb Cake Re-inker, Heat Tool, White Embossing Powder, Metallic Sequins, Linen Thread, Dimensionals

If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator.  When you shop Online with me, please allow Demonstrator Contact, so I can thank you properly when you place your orders.

12 comments:

  1. Your tartan background is amazing, I wish we sold this as DSP and your little coloured lamb is just perfect, my favourite entry from the design team this week! Wonderful card and thanks for the love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks for the lovely compliment Michelle. You made this card possible with your lovely original xox

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Have fun! It was real trial and error, but I actually like the inconsistencies, lol

      Delete
  3. This couldn't be more adorable, Paula! I love that you didn't leave the lamb stark white. It's adorable this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Brian. No lamb I know is white, lol. He looks super cute with a slight shimmer too!

      Delete
    2. I completely adore this card. I can't decide which part is my favorite because it is entirely good. Love it. Love it.

      Delete
  4. Great card Paula! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a super cute card, Paula. He looks like a lamb with personality! Love, love your tartan background too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg, so cute. Your card ist soo wonderful ❤︎

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tartan background Paula! Oh and the lamb is pretty cute too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - this is such a sweet image of a sheep - and you've done him proud

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥