Monday, February 15, 2016

AGE AWARENESS DAY!


It's a theme challenge again at Global Design Project this week and I sure hope you can join in with us.  The number of entries we have been getting each week has been amazing and we appreciate each and everyone!  It sure makes it hard to pick our winners!

So the theme is balloons.  I am only glad the are stamped or punched, as I don't actually like balloons that much.  Long story short - one popped while I was blowing it up when I was at school.  I can still feel the sting!

But I digress.  We have a number of stamp sets in our current catalogues that feature balloons, which I gave serious consideration to before going ahead with this card.  However, I didn't use any in the end because of how colourful my background actually turned out.  I have recently signed up for the Watercolor For Card Makers - Intermediate Techniques Class, so you will probably be seeing a lot of my watercolour experiments, lol.

I love the stark contrast the black gives to this background and any more than one balloon would have just swamped it.  I have used the grid stamp from Timeless Textures to create my grid background by heat embossing clear embossing powder, then adding my colour over top, creating a resist effect.  That is all I can tell you for now, as I will be teaching this card to a group of friends soon and I don't want to spoil the rest of the technique, lol.

Join us at Global Design Project for this fun theme this week.  We would love to see what you create and share with others!  If you like this card, I would love to know!  Leave me a comment so I know you have been to visit :-)

To create this project, I used the following products, available for purchase at my Online Store: Timeless Textures, Age Awareness, Watercolour Paper, Basic Black Card, Whisper White Thick Card, Neutrals Designer Paper Stack, Heat Tool, White Embossing Powder, Versamark Ink, Melon Mambo Reinker, Daffodil Delight Reinker, Tempting Turquoise Reinker, Dimensionals

If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator.  When you shop Online with me, please allow Demonstrator Contact, so I can thank you properly when you place your orders.


21 comments:

  1. The background colours are fabulous Paula! Timeless Textures is fast becoming my favourite stamp set! I think one black balloon was a good call :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Paula ... stunningly gorgeous! Hmm ... light coffee = coffee cups attached to balloons? Or maybe decaf?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore this card Paula!! Just amazing. So funky, modern and colourful. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Paula, your card is awesome ! Love the bright, grid background !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the background Paula - it's stunning! I signed up for the same class too. I best get on and take it so I can try out your background too! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Paula - I love the background (Mary)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Paula, this is gorgeous! Love the background, but I am really taken with that black balloon and the little glint of highlight! Looking forward to seeing more of your watercolour experiments! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card! Loving the black balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Paula,
    i like watercolor Backgrounds and your idea to emboss it to get a texture is great.

    Greets
    Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love LOVE your card (seriously, every element)!! I'm going to have a go at CASE-ing your card this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, loving that background Paula :-) looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  12. so much rainbow fun! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! Love those colors with the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome card Paula, love your work. Having discovered your Blog today has now made my week complete! Keep up the fabulous creations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Paula,
    your card ist sooo beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Paula - this card is absolutely amazing! The background is perfect for the black balloon and sentiment. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Paula, what a fabulous card! I love how you used Timeless Treasures, and such great color!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The colours with the pop of black work so beautifully, you are a creative genius Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really love the contrast between your balloon and the background color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥