Monday, December 21, 2015

CASEING BIBI - GDP#016


This week Global Design Project is back with another CASE the Designer challenge.  This time we get to CASE the very talented Bibiana Cameron.  I love Bibi's love of colour, fun sense of style and the fact she uess her sewing machine on quite a few projects too, lol!  I feel very privileged to be working with her on the Global Design Project team.

What does CASE mean?  Well at this challenge site it means to Copy And Selectively Edit.  Look for a few things that you like from the project, colour, texture, layout and then create your own project from there.
I was immediately drawn to Bibi's gorgeous watercolour background and used that as my starting point.  I used the same colours when creating my own watercolour background as they suited a nautical theme.  This card is for a friend's significant birthday and he used to work on boats.  I figured he has probably seen plenty of Jellyfish in his time

I also liked the circle element that Bibi had on her card and used my twine to recreate that feature behind the sentiment.  The sentiment is a sneak peek of a set available to earn during Sale-A-Bration - starting January 5th.  Not long to wait now!!

The Global Design Project Team have been working hard to bring you amazing projects each week and we thank each and every one of you for joining us and making this challenge site the success it is!  This challenge is going to run for two weeks instead of the usual one, so we can all enjoy the Christmas break with friends and family.  I look forward to seeing your inspirational projects using Bibi's project as a starting point.  Merry Christmas xox
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
If you would like to order Stampin' Up! products and you live in New Zealand, simply click HERE to be taken to my Online Store. If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful watercolour background Paula ... the whole card is a little work of art. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly thought no one could convince me to purchase a stamp set with a jelly fish in it! But you have gone and done it with your stunning card, love your card and your work Paula, have loved working with you this year and really look forward to doing more next year, Merry Christmas to you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loved working with you too Michelle. Happy to have convinced you that the Jellyfish is useable, lol.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Steffi, queen of the watercolour!!

      Delete
  4. Paula - This is a perfect card. You've used these colors to create a perfectly gorgeous texture and images that work so well together. LOVE IT! Wish I'd made this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy that you love it enough to want to claim it Brian! High praise indeeed xoxx

      Delete
  5. Wow!! Your card is amazing! The depth you created with the watercoloring and stamped images -- I feel like I can feel it! The sequins are perfectly placed too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! The sequins just finished the card beautifully :-)

      Delete
  6. I have never hear of Copy and Selectively Edit - I had heard Copy and Share Everything. But I like your verbiage better!!! I am changing it to this from now on. The watercolor is ah-mazing!!!! Jaw dropping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks Krista! I like the version we use on the GDP team too. I feel it sums up CASEing very well!

      Delete
  7. I love the card Paula. I tried sending a message to you a week ago but it came back not deliverable. Tried today. How did you get the nice subtle water color on the card. Even if it is wet it could be dark in an area. Diana from Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥