Monday, November 30, 2015

JINGLE BELLS & CHRISTMAS COLOURS - GDP013

I can hear those bells ringing, Christmas is getting just that little bit closer and it really is a Christmas colour challenge at Global Design Project this week with the colours we have to work with!  Here is my project......

Is he not the cutest little elf you ever did see?!!  I am sure you can guess the colours we need to use this week...........................

They really do scream Christmas, right?  My elf and background are actually one piece of card.  I stamped my elf, masked him, then sponged in the background.  I coloured my elf with alcohol markers and then trimmed the side of my card in close to the image and allowed part of his hand to extend beyond the egde of the card.  I think it gives the illusion that there are more layers on this card than there actually are.
I discovered a secret horde of little Jingle Bells in my craft stash and just had to add them on the card too.  Now it jingles when you shake it!  See the spotted base card?  That is a little sneak peek of a fabulous new stamp set called Timeless Textures!  It's in the Occasions Catalogue due for release on 5th of January and is my favourite pick.

I hope you will join in the fun of this colour challenge at Global Design Project this week.  We would love for you to visit and share your creations with us!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store. If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

13 comments:

  1. This is too perfect to give as a card, it definitely needs to make it on the wall as the details are simply stunning! I adore your colouring and shading on this, you are a colouring master!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much for your kind words Michelle, but this little guy will make it to someone's mantle this year, lol

      Delete
  2. Couldn't be more adorable, Paula. Your technique for creating the Crumb Cake "mist" is amazing, and I love the layering on your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian! I used my favourite technique, sponging, to create the shaded background. I wold sponge colour on everything if I was allowed!

      Delete
  3. I did not want to buy the stamp :D Thanks for your cute inspiration! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could enable your addiction Steffi!

      Delete
  4. He is the most adorable little elf Paula and I agree with Michelle - your colouring is superb! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gail! Thanks for visiting :-)

      Delete
  5. Oh Paula, your card is my favorite this week! It´s simply perferct.
    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet Tanja!! Thank you ♥

      Delete
  6. Awesome card, Paula. Love your beautifully coloured little elf, and the addition of bells is perfect. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Patrice. Those bells are kinda cute eh?! Always a pleasure to have you visit xox

      Delete
  7. This card should be in the catalog. Perfect coloring and perfect embellishments. I especially love the stripe of Red Glimmer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥