Monday, November 9, 2015

HOW DO I LOVE THEE - #GDP010

I bet you were expecting a Christmas card, right?  Wrong!  This weeks challenge at the Global Design Project is a sketch challenge and as I have mentioned before, I take these literally!

To me, this weeks challenge just screamed WEDDING, and that is the season we are heading into here in New Zealand.  I don't make Wedding cards often, so this was a refreshing change for me.  The hardest part was getting my squares and layers to match up!

A while back I purchased the Watercolor Wishes card kit (page 80 of the main Stampin' Up! catalogue), and after I had put all the cards together, I had a heap of product left that I could use on other projects.  That is where I got the sequins and the gorgeous wooden heart from that you can see.

I coloured the heart black simply by planting it face down in my Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad.  I used SU Makers to colour in the delicate flowers and finished the whole thing with a few Basic Pearls.

I hope you feel inspired to give this weeks challenge a try.  You don't have to stick to the sketch exactly (like I do, lol), but allow it to inspire you.  The Design Team creations are amazing as always, so check them out for yet more inspiration.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store. If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

15 comments:

  1. Stunning Paula, your project really caught my eye (might be the Pink!) such delicate flowers, I love everything about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card Paula. I really love so much about this card. The subtle touch of pink Pirouette, the colouring and the heart are just amazing. Love love love. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous card, I was wondering where the heart had come from, now I'll have to go and check out that kit! thanks for sharing it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply amazing Paula! So much detail and your squares and borders are SO perfect. Just stunning as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I may just have to case this for an upcoming wedding I have to go to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great colors, Paula, and a wonderful use of this floral image. Your card so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Paula,

    I just checked out the Global Design Project #0010 and I love your wedding card - it's absolutely beautiful and I love the colours (actually pink pirouette is my favourite color). Thanks for sharing this card - I am going to CASE it for sure.
    Best regards,
    Jale

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is lovely, Paula. I had no idea till I read your post that the heart was from Watercolor Wishes, it looks great in black, and ties it together beautifully. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work! I love the details with the sequins ❤︎❤︎

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Paula! What a lot of work, but the details are perfect.
    Hugst Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card Paula. It's very contemporary. The pink and black are very "yin / Yan" and the heart ties it all together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥