Monday, November 16, 2015

CHRISTMAS PACKAGING IDEA - #GDP011

With Christmas fast approaching, it only makes sense that the next theme at Global Design Project is, well, Christmas!  I normally make Christmas Crackers for the table each year, but I got to thinking of different ways to package up a treat instead.

I have only recently relented and got the Bakers Box Thinlits dies, after seeing so many wonderful projects made with it.  I have decided to use this instead of ordinary Crackers this year.  I have no idea why I waited so long to add it to my stash as it is a fabulous size for holding edible (and non edible) treats!

I also wanted to get away from traditional Christmas colours and settled on Black, Silver and White.

I stamped the Smoky Slate box with the Sunburst stamp from Perpetual Calendar before putting it together.  The lovely organza ribbon helps to hold it closed while also dressing up the top of the box.

For my layered sentiment I broke out the big guns!  Silver Foil doilies, black Glimmer Paper, white corrugated paper, silver thread and an Iced Rhinestone.  I don't know about you, but that looks pretty festive to me.  Now I just have to replicate it "x" amount of times for everyone coming to Christmas dinner.

I hope you feel inspired to dress up your own table, or at least, play along with the theme of Christmas with us at Global Design Project this week!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store. If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

6 comments:

  1. Such a special gift box, Paula! I love the layering of the images on the front of the box - just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I have the napkins sorted with Bibi and now have the favors done too! ;)
    I think the Bakers Boxes over the Christmas Crackers will be a huge hit! The colour combo is so elegant and classy - which is always a great start to the Christmas table decor. Our family table usually starts out that way and then by the end it's completely trashed! I'm sure we are not alone?! LOL
    I'm sure these will remain elegant and no one will pull them apart ruthlessly to get to the goodies inside - if they know what's good for them!! Hahaha.
    Gorgeous as always Paula. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Lou - the table will be trashed by the end of the day! However, I know my family always keep what I make - even the crackers!! So no, they won't be pulled apart, lol

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Your Baker's box is so gorgeous Paula. And what beautiful boxes to decorate your table for Christmas dinner. The colour combination is divine. D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Box. It´s just perfect.
    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥