Monday, October 12, 2015

GREETINGS IN PLAID - #GDP006

Are you starting to see a pattern yet with the Global Design Project challenges?  No?  Then let me explain.  We have a challenge every week, yes, but they rotate just to keep things interesting!  Week 1 is a colour challenge, week 2 a sketch challenge, week 3 is a theme challenge and week 4 is a "CASE" challenge of one of the Design Team members.  I think this keeps everything fresh and exciting.  It also means you can play along with all, or just your favourite challenges!

This week is a sketch challenge and it's a doozy!!  I finally settled on a design once I decided to use this designer paper from the Merry Moments Paper Stack.  The plaid helped me to choose the angle of my diagonal and from there, I was off and running!

I kept it relatively simple as the plaid is rather busy.  I just pulled the green and red from it to use on my sentiment panel and embellishment.  You can see I also used it to carry the theme through to the inside of my card as well.
So, are you up for a challenging sketch this week?  I hope so.  Check out what the rest of the Design Team have created first then join in!

Did you know the Global Design Project also have a Pinterest Board with all the DT's designs and a lot of design entries too?  Make sure you follow it for plenty of inspiration at your fingertips!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store. If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Krista! Keeping it "clean" was the only way I could make the DSP work, lol

      Delete
  2. So stinking cute! Love your take on the GDP challenge!!! You guys are quite amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Great use of the designer paper and the button tops is off perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy. Nice to have you visit with me ♥

      Delete
  4. Love this card so much. The simplicity (?) makes it so awesome.
    Hugs Tanja
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure know how to make ugly paper, work. I never thought I would use this DSP design but now maybe I will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are funny Miss T. Glad I could get you to look at this DSP in a different light!

      Delete
  6. Paula, you have such a wonderful take on this sketch! I love the CAS look of this card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Bit like me really - NOT! But thanks for the compliment on my card Steffi, blahahaha!

      Delete
  8. My goodness Paula, this is stunning. I'm not a huge fan of this DSP, but with your project it is beautiful and classy. I love your polished and sophisticated take on this weeks 'doozy' of a sketch! Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou! I will take polished and sophisticated any day!!

      Delete
  9. Paula - This card is absolutely gorgeous! The large piece of patterned paper is divine! I'm so honored to be on the Global Design Project team with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian - I feel honoured to be designing with you too!

      Delete
  10. Paula, I think this card is the poster child for the sketch. A perfect representation that brings the challenge to life. Beautiful work. I'm so happy to be on the Global Design Project with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Shawn, I am happy to be on this team with you too! Thanks for visiting xox

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥