Sunday, October 11, 2015

FRESHLY MADE NOEL - FMS207

It is not often I get to play along with another challenge site, but this particular challenge kept jumping out at me all week.  I gave in and created my card today for Freshly Made Sketches #207.

I love the serene scene I managed to create with this alternative Christmas card.  I sponged the following colours onto Shimmery White card stock for the sky; Watermelon Wonder, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise and Pacific Point.  The black scene is a stamp from the set To You & Yours Too, just the perfect image!
I love the sketch that Kim Singdahlsen created for this challenge.  As I already said, it kept jumping out at me all week!  What's a girl to do but create?!

I kept the sentiment simple, with just a single heat embossed word.  I wanted the scene to speak for itself.  I hope you like this card as much as I do!  I would love to hear your thoughts, so feel free to leave me a comment.  I read and appreciate each and every one.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store. If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

16 comments:

  1. Just found your card on Pinterest. Absolutely amazing! The coloring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rosemarie. I hope you will have a look around while you are here! Welcome to my blog ♥

      Delete
  2. Paula,this is a very orginal Christmas card,one of your best designs yet....reminds us to flow down at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz! Lovely to have yo come visit me :-)
      I think it is a great reminder to relax at Christmas. So many of us tend to get quite frantic! I love the serenity of this card and glad you did too. xox

      Delete
  3. Always love your amazing work Paula, and this card is no exception. The subject lends itself beautifully to the sketch, and the colours you've used are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel. As soon as I saw the sketch this card bugged me until I got it down on paper. What can you do, you know, lol?

      Delete
  4. Wow! This is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. Awesome job with the sky! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tank you Cindy, the sky really makes the card, doesn't it?

      Delete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous. Congrats on your win at FMS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your FMS win Paula - this is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire, it was a lovely surprise to win with this entry :-)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! Very CASE-worthy indeed - many congratulations on your well-deserved win, Paula! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Knew you were going to be a winner this week Paula - I so wanted to pick your card but Cindy chose first! Your card and those colours are just awesome! Love seeing you play at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥