Friday, October 2, 2015

DOVE OF PEACE

Just a quick little post today.  When I first saw this dove in the Holiday catalogue, I couldn't help but think of the adult colouring books that are all the rage right now.  I have two myself, so it was only natural I get this stamp too!  I enjoy the colouring in process and find it very relaxing!


This is how I created this one layered card:

1.  Stamped the Dove image on the front of a thick Whisper White card base in Black Staz On ink.
2.  Stamped a second dove image on post-it paper and cut out a mask.
3.  Laid the mask over my stamped image on the card front to protect it while I gently sponged Crushed Curry ink in a circular motion over the mask.
4.  Removed the mask and coloured my Dove using Stampin' Write markers in Tip Top Taupe, Mint Macaron, and Tangerine Tango.
5.  Stamped "Peace" in the bottom right corner of the card in Basic Black Archival Ink.  I love the intense black colour of this ink!!
6. Finished by adhering three coordinating Candy Dots.

This stamp also has a long sentiment beneath it (as one whole stamp).  To give me options, I chose to cut it off and mount the sentiment on a separate block.  This saves me having to mask the sentiment each time I don't want to use it.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store. If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

2 comments:

  1. A lovely card. I like how you masked it and sponged around the edge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Angela, the sponged colour beneath does help to give it more dimension, while still keeping it a single layer. Thanks for visiting ♥

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥