Monday, October 19, 2015

ADVENTURE AT BUTTERFLY CREEK - #GDP007

This week at Global Design Project we have a theme for you - Farm.  There you go. Farm. So what do you do if you don't have a single animal stamp in your stash?  Well, you get creative, like I had to, lol

I decided to make a Project Life page recording my daughters first (and probably only) horse ride a few years ago.  While we have some pretty nifty PL cards that I could have just thrown in the pockets, I really wanted to design one myself that had a country/farm feel to it.  I stamped the Hardwood background stamp on Crumb Cake card and then cut each plank before sponging ink around the edges to make it look more realistic.  The "nails" were simply a Stampin' Write maker.


I used the accessory kit from the This is Your Life PL range too.  I created my own flair button using an @ sticker from the kit and the heading is from the Sticker Alphabet that comes with the kit too.  I love these kits because they make coordinating everything so easy!  I used a preprinted PL card from the same card collection behind my journaling card.  I like that it draws attention to the photograph.  I love how my page turned out.  It certainly has a Farm feel about it, don't you think?

Head over to the Global Design Project site to have a look at the wonderful projects the rest of the Design Team have made and gain a little inspiration for your own project.  I hope you will join us this week for this fun theme!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store. If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

18 comments:

  1. What a great insert to this Project Life page. Such beautiful detail, Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, I just love how you created a barn wood look for your PL page...very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie. It took me ages, but was so worth it. I love the look too.

      Delete
  3. Paula, your coloring technique always amazes me. I love the realistic look of those wood planks and the masterful way you combined the colors and embellishments. Love all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shawn! I love how the planks turned out too.

      Delete
  4. That woodgrain background is the most perfect I have ever seen, you did a great job and I love your interpretation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Krista. It's the little details.......as I have been learning from you!

      Delete
  6. Oh my! A background that requires a tradesperson! It looks awesome, I love that you have cut out the boards and "nailed" them all individually. Very effective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blahaha! While it doesn't quite require a tradesman Marlene, it did require a fairly good eye and steady hand to get them straight. Glad you like it!

      Delete
  7. I think this page definitely has a 'farm' feel to it. I'm amazed at the effort you put into creating the wood. The colours that you choose look create together. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cindy! That little bit of effort makes all the difference xox

      Delete
  8. Great idea to use the PL . And it fit´s perfectly to our farm theme.
    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! On Project Life I have not thought of :D ❤︎

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous idea to use PL Paula. Love the timber panels...so much work, you rock girl. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥