Monday, September 21, 2015

GLOBAL DESIGN PROJECT - #GDP003

I am loving being a designer on this new challenge site, Global Design Project, with amazingly talented designers from around the world, and least of all because the challenges have a little something for everyone.

This weeks theme is "Baby".  My family are now grown up, but I am not yet a Grandma, so this proved to be more of a challenge than it should have been.  I have only one stamp set baby related!!

So I decided to go a little left field with this card and style it more toward the parents of the baby, rather than the  baby itself.  I kept the colours neutral, using only Tip Top Taupe and Black.  I even used designer series paper (DSP), hold on to your hat!  I sponged a little on the main panel using one of the Happy Patterns Decorative Masks to mimic the DSP.  I used black Glimmer paper for the accents - just love that paper! Then finished with a little twine and some sparkly sequins.  So that's my modern take on a baby card.  I would love to hear what you think of it.

I hope you will feel inspired to join in the challenge, but don't forget to check out what the rest of the DT have created before you head to your craft room!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store. If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

30 comments:

  1. Paula, love especially the layout from the card. Good Job.

    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love what you have done with the browns, I would of never of thought to use brown. Lovely card. Ange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Brown can be so Blah! But just add a bit of glimmer and sparkle.........

      Delete
  3. This is so clever - love the idea of making a stylish for the parents baby card. Love this card and that soft mask is so lovely. Great card Paula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all love babies, but the parents are pretty special too, eh Kylie?

      Delete
  4. Paula, this card is so soft and beautiful. I especially love the colors and the subtle background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! I love the faded stencil background too. It's my favourite technique at this month!

      Delete
  5. very elegant and perfect for the parents. Love the decorative masks background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those masks are gorgeous Claudia. It was hard to choose which design to use!

      Delete
  6. This is so cool and chic. I love non traditional card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roselee, I love non-traditional too!

      Delete
  7. You are so clever, the background is stunning and the black glimmer paper is perfect. You have really thought outside the box and it works so well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. I had t think outside the box, this was the only "baby" stamp I had lol

      Delete
  8. Love your modern free style design and tip top taupe and black color combo. All your embellishments are awesome too. TFS Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Nancy. I am a neutrals kinda gal, so enjoyed putting this together ♥

      Delete
  9. So many beautiful details in this card. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous neutral baby card Paula. Love the background and all the elements have come together perfectly! Love the little bit of black twine and glimmer. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Lou. The Black twine is the same as the white twine Lou!! I just untangle it lol

      Delete
  11. This card is so, so gorgeous Paula! You've thought of so many different elements and ways to bring it all together - it's totally amazing. I'm loving the non-traditional colours too!
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You just have "IT", Paula. Nuff said!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, love it and I'm so CASEing this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is just amazing! Love the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy. I love neutral colours schemes, they go with anything!!

      Delete
  15. Loving your colours. The touch of glimmer adds that something special.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore unconventional color combos for "traditional" cards. Well done friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥