Monday, September 14, 2015

GLOBAL DESIGN PROJECT - #GDP002

What an amazing response the Global Design Project received when we launched with our first challenge last week!  It was totally overwhelming how you all got behind us and joined in for some crafty fun.  I hope this week is just as exciting for you as we give you a sketch challenge to try!

I always take sketches literally.  I honestly can't change them up!  But it is all down to interpretation.  You can flip it, make it any shape, or even three dimensional, as long as you start with this sketch.  So each sketch challenge, be prepared for an exact replica from me, lol

I went with a recessed circle on my card to frame this Christmas Cutie.  I coloured in the image with alcohol markers, masked her off and added an ombre sponged background.  I created an almost ombre-type background on the Smokey Slate card by cutting the circle after I had embossed it.  When I ran it through my Big Shot again, it flattened out some of the embossing.  Not intentional but I liked the look so I left it like that.
  I hope you will fell inspired and play along with the GDP sketch challenge this week!  I look forward to seeing your entries.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store. If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

30 comments:

  1. Paula, you are a colouring genius! Your little angel is just perfect and I love the bright colours you have used. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. I have always loved to colour in!

      Delete
  2. Wonderfully colored. The stamp set is now available on my wish list :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula, my beautiful friend. That colouring has me just staring at it...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colouring on this Angel, Paula - wow she really pops off the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your card is amazing, and it will be a great project for the next 1st communion season here.
    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Tanja, you could use this wee Angel for anything xox

      Delete
  6. Absolutely loving your coloring , it's awesome. Angexxxooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela, it is my most favourite tehnique x

      Delete
  7. Paula, I love the little Angel. My family asked me to buy this stamp set after seeimg your post .:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, Bibi, I am surprised you could resist these wee cuties at all! Have fun when you get your new stamps, lol

      Delete
  8. Another Stunning card Paula! Just Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a wee bit biased, my friend, but I luv ya!

      Delete
  9. This card is just amazing Paula! Love everything about it! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paula, I'm sure I told you how much I love your coloring technique. The colors blend so well and the shading is perfect. Such a lovely, vivid card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Paula :-) your colouring is just perfect, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Patrice. It means a lot coming from you ♥

      Delete
  12. So sweet! I am right there with you! I am so literal when it comes to sketches. I try to make it just so ....Exactly like the sketch.... I can't think outside the box and flip, flop it all around and still see the sketch. Love your card :>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I am not the only one Jennifer, lol!

      Delete
  13. What a fantastic card, Paula! Your colouring of the angel is just beautiful, and your sponged background adds so much depth! Love the recessed circle, too -- looks amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Chan!! I do love to sponge. It would be my most favourite technique. Thanks for visiting ♥

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥