Monday, August 3, 2015

SHARING IN YOUR SORROW

Nobody wants to have to make Sympathy cards, and we normally don't.  But there can't be anything worse than making one when you have just suffered a loss.  My tip is to make just a couple of cards to have on hand and just pop them away until they are needed.  I made this one recently to put in my own card stash.
I wanted to keep things fairly minimal so I only used two colours, Basic Black and Wisteria Wonder, and two stamp sets, Wild About Flowers and Thoughts and Prayers.  I used an acetate cloud mask I made a while back to sponge the clouds in.  I tore a Post-it note and sponged Basic Black ink along the bottom of the card to create the ground, then stamped both the image and sentiment in Basic Black Ink as well.  I finished the base of the card using  three White Perfect Accents.

Any of the products I used to create this card can be found at my Online Store.  Just click on any of the pictures below to shop with me.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store. If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Paula! This is just stunning! I always shy away from sympathy cards too, but you're right. I should make some and keep handy. This is just beautiful! I love to sponge clouds myself; always makes me happy, but yours, with this coloring is beyond beautiful. I am saving this one in my "cards to make" folder. Thanks for sharing! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bobbi, nice to see you again. I am glad you like this card, feel free to CASE. I love the softness sponging gives to a card, that's what makes it perfect for sympathy cards, I feel.

      Delete
  2. This is just beautiful, Paula! I just ordered Wild About Flowers, and you've given me some inspiration for when it arrives. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful work tfs how did you make your cloud stencil?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you did this card long ago, but I just found your blog the other day and have been looking through all of your beautiful cards! Did you just cut your cloud mask by hand without any pattern or could you give some hints on how to do it? Your clouds end up more realistic looking than many I see other card makers sponging with masks they've made. Thanks in advance!!! (cocrafter at gmail dot com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There, thanks for asking how I do my clouds. I have hand drawn them on a piece of acetate (window Sheet) and then cut them out. That gives me a permanent mask t use each time and I place a sticky dot on the template mask so I don't lose it. Hope this helps :-)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your reply, Paula!! I'm still going through your blog year by year as I have time. :) I am really enjoying seeing all of your cards. I love your card making style... or should I say styles! :) Sponging has always been a favorite of mine so I love seeing all of your sponged cards, but your others are wonderful, too. So glad I came across your blog!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥