Monday, June 15, 2015

YOU'VE GOT THIS WATERCOLOUR

Now that all my "jobs" are done, I have started to dabble with some of the gorgeous new product in the 2015-2016 Stampin' Up! catalogue.  There is just so much deliciousness in there, it is hard to know where to start.  As I was stalking perusing some of my favourite card makers the other day, I came across THIS card, buy Donna Mikasa.  I loved the meld of inks on the watercolour cardstock, topped by a simple black & white image.  So I set about recreating my version using SU product.

I also kept it very simple, using only three colours - Pool Party, Crushed Curry and Watermelon Wonder.  I decided on a slightly less tidy watercolour strip.  I laid down a water wash first with an aqua painter, I then picked up the colours one at a time and dropped them on to my wet card.  I did allow for some mingling and running, but not too much that the colours would get "muddy". Oncce the wash was dry, I stamped the image and the sentiment, to one side, in Memento Black ink.

I will admit to being tempted to add more!  But in the end, it is about the splash of background colour for me.  Adding something else would lessen the impact perhaps.  What do you think?  What would you change?  

If you would like any of the products I used on this card, just shop with me at my Online Store.  Use Hostess Code VXE6V7H3 when placing your order during the month of June and be in for a share of Stampin' Rewards.  Just click on any of the images below to start shopping.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store. If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

3 comments:

  1. Really love this Paula, the colour combo is so striking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow gorgeous card, great to see you back. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥