Thursday, April 9, 2015

STACKED BIRTHDAY

I have been wanting to try a technique of stacking die cuts for some time now and finally got some time to actually do it!

I pulled out the Hello You Thinlits and die cut four "happy's" from Whisper White card stock and adhered them all together using Tombow Mono Multi.  My favourite adhesive!!  I added sponged colour to my background base card and then heat embossed my sentiment in white embossing powder.  Once I die cut the oval window from my card front, I used dimensionals to adhere it to my card base.

I then adhered my layered die cut over the oval opening and used Tombow again to adhere it to the sides of the oval.  Having four layers to the word gives it strength and allows the word to float above the oval window creating the awesome shadow behind.  Try it yourself!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store. If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Paula, this has soooo much pop! Love the bright background with the crisp white. I love the stacked die - lots of effect for little effort!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥