Saturday, March 7, 2015

WATERCOLOUR BLOSSOMS

I spent the last weekend at a wonderful retreat in Ohope, run by fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Delys Cram.  Ohope is one of the most beautiful beaches in New Zealand and we got to share it with Nikki Spencer, another fellow Demonstrator from Melbourne, Australia!!

Nikki and I made sure to go for a walk on the beach Sunday morning before the classes began for the day.
I love spending time with these girls!  We always have a blast together.

The class I taught was a watercolouring class using Aqua Painters and the beautiful Easter set, Indescribable Gift.

I love the soft blues and pinks together, but by adding the darker brown for contrast, it doesn't look "wimpy".  While this class might have initially scared some of the camp attendees, everyone did a fabulous job and I am sure some even went home feeling like Monet!!

Want to recreate this card yourself.  Then click HERE for the tutorial.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store. If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

12 comments:

  1. Paula... this is by far the MOST beautiful card I have seen made with this set! I have been wishing more and more than I owned it, and you card may just have pushed me over the edge! lol See you in April on the Gold Coast I hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help you add yet another stamp set to your collection, Linda!! I will be in Gold Coast for sure and look forward to catching up ♥

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful card sample for your class and a lovely trio of gorgeous gals! That panoramic shot of the beach is scrapbook worthy. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's is hard to take a bad photo on that gorgeous beach Bron! I probably will end up scrapping it!! See you in the GC too, I hope ♥

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photo, Paula and reminds me of our lovely summer holiday in New Zealand. Love your card too - this is a gorgeous set to colour. I haven't done it in water colour yet, must give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely have a go at water colouring this set Judy. It really lends itself to so many colouring techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww you three, bet you had a blast! Your card is divine! Looking forward to seeing you in April. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should come to Delys's Stamp Camp next time and join in the fun Patrice ♥
      See you in the GC!!

      Delete
  6. This set is just lovely in watercolor. I've never done watercolor, but this urged me to try it! Thx for sharing. Wish you would do a tutorial on coloring this! Hint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now Patty, give me a day or two and I will put a tutorial up. How does that sound?

      Delete
  7. WOW!~ This is the prettiest I've seen with this set too! Love it! I wish I could come down there too. Sounds like you have a wonderful time. That beach is gorgeous too! Can't wait for the tute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Bobbi. Tutorial done, now just have to work out technical issues!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥