Thursday, February 26, 2015

YOU MAKE ME SMILE

Here is another watercolour inspired card, using a wet watercolour technique.  I simply lay water on my card (I used Shimmery White) from corner to corner, then picked up some Crisp Cantaloupe ink with my aqua brush and loosely painted it on, allowing it to run.  I then added Coastal Cabana and then Perfect Plum ink in the same fashion.

I was careful not to let the inks mingle too much, by mopping up large pools of colour with a paper towel.  I wanted the colours to mix a little, but not get muddy.  I love the washy colours, but wanted a really bold sentiment and then added a few sequins to finish.  This card was heavily influenced by one I saw on Pinterest and thought I had pinned.  Of course, I can't find it now!!  Thank you whoever you are ♥
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store. If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

5 comments:

  1. What a stunning card dear Paula!! I love the colours and the WOW of the greeting with that amazing background!! GORGEOUS!!
    SMiles SHarnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great watercolor card, beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful! I love the muted colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous Paula work of art..:0) Love your colour choices...Very pretty! xx
    Thanks for a great weekend..:0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥