Friday, February 13, 2015

WATERCOLOUR SHIMMER

I have been taking a class, Watercolor for Card Makers, to learn different ways to achieve a watercolour effect.  Watercolour being hugely on trend right now.  While I appreciate those who can paint in any medium, I really like techniques that are effortless and quick, but make it look like you spent hours at it and know what you are actually doing, lol!!  This technique was taught by Laura Bassen, a favourite card maker of mine.

I used Shimmery White cardstock instead of Watercolour paper.  It helped cut down on texture so the subtle shimmer on this cardstock could show through.  I love how I was able to get the SU ink to move on this card and make them act very much like Distress inks.  I was also able to add spots of water that removed some of the ink when I mopped them up again.  Love how this simple card turned out!  To finish it off I just added a simple die cut word from the Hello You Thinlit die.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store. If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

2 comments:

  1. Paula I love the clean and simple principle of this card. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Paula. Did you 'sponge' the inks onto 'wet' card? If you are happy to share more about this technique I will be eternally grateful ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥