Friday, February 20, 2015

WATERCOLOUR DAHLIA

Continuing on with my love affair with watercolours, I have a super cool, easily achievable technique to share with you.
I am having a lot of fun trying all sorts of watercolour techniques at the moment.  This is one of the easier ones and only takes a minute to do, but the effects are no less pleasing.

I used the Regarding Dahlia's flower image for this card, a stamp set I haven't used in a while, what with all the new goodies in the Occasions catalogue to play with.  Don't forget the stamps you already have!  Dust them off and play with them too!  Here's how I did this.............

1.  Ink up the flower image in Crushed Curry ink, then use a Tangerine Tango marker to colour the middle of the stamp.
2.  Spritz your stamp with water and get it fairly wet.  You don't want soaking, but you don't want damp either!
3.  Stamp on Shimmer White cardstock and hold it down for a few seconds, allowing the ink that has pooled on the stamp to soak in.
4.  Let this dry completely before finishing your card.

I then finished my card by adding a die cut sentiment using the new Hello You Thinlit Dies and Candy Dots to match.  I love how the colours blend in some places and stay crisp in others.

You may be wondering why I used Shimmery White card and not watercolour paper.  Well, let me tell you!  As much as I love the SU watercolour paper, it is heavily textured and not a true white.  Whisper White card is too thin and tends to warp when it gets too wet.  I wanted a white card that would withstand a fair amount of water.  Shimmery White card fits the bill perfectly.  The bonus, of course, is the subtle shimmer on the card afterwards.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store. If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty - such a striking color! Love the simple layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥