Friday, February 6, 2015

BLOOM ON YOUR BIRTHDAY

I want to share a very feminine birthday card with you today using one of the gorgeous Hostess only sets available in the Stampin' Up! main Idea book and Catalogue, called Bloom with Hope.  Oops, I mean "I like You".  Thanks to one of my likers for pointing that out!

Once again I pulled out my Blendabilities to colour this gorgeous card after first stamping the floral images with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.

You can see a subtle shadow around the outside of the flowers, which I achieved first by tracing the outline with a coloured Blendie and then going over it again with my Colour Lifter.  This really softens the harsh colour outline and creates a beautiful soft shadow.

No card is complete without decoration on the inside too!  I finished it simply with another bloom rather than a sentiment, coloured the same way as the front.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store. If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

16 comments:

  1. Paula that is simply gorgeous, wonderful blending too. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Paula, and love the softness surrounding the image too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. The edging adds such depth and softens everything beautifully, worth the extra effort.

      Delete
  3. Awesome card, my friend! Such gorgeous colours, and balance of elements - stunning, Paula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so lovely Chris , thanks ♥

      Delete
  4. Very pretty card! Love the composition of it, and your coloring is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holly! This was one of those cards that came together in one hit!

      Delete
  5. Absolutely beautiful - I SO love your colouring. You are a very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank P2. I love to colour. I find it very relaxing and love watching one dimensional images come to life.

      Delete
  6. Very pretty! I would like to say though that this is the "I Like You " stamp set and not Blooms of Hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing out my mistake, I have now updated my post!

      Delete
  7. Wow, this card is stunning :) Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, Paula ... You are really nailing those blendies! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so lovely Andrea, thank you xox

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥